Trivia bonus questions are typically used at the end of rounds as a way to earn extra points for yourself or your team. These bonus questions are usually very difficult, and likely, questions you may not have heard before.
Used in almost all competitive trivia games, bonus questions tend to be a crowd favorite and when asked, they can bring a lot of excitement to a game. I highly recommend using them.
Here is a list of 130 fun, challenging, and interesting trivia bonus questions (with answers) you can use at your next trivia event.
130 Trivia Bonus Questions
Animals Bonus Trivia Questions
1. Where is the heart of a shrimp Located?
2. How many noses does a slug have?
3. How many years can a snail sleep for?
4. What is a rhino’s horn made up of?
5. How many hearts does an octopus have?
Arts Bonus Trivia Questions
6. Which famous artist purchased and was in possession of Iberian sculptures that had been stolen from the Louvre?
7. How many paintings did Vincent van Gogh officially sell during his lifetime?
8. The sculpture of David was originally going to be a statue of whom?
9. What is the largest sculpture in the world?
10. How long did it take Leonardo da Vinci to paint the Mona Lisa’s Lips?
Cars Bonus Trivia Questions
11. What is the best selling car of all time?
The Toyota Corolla
12. How many cars does Ferrari manufacture a day?
13. What is the most frequently stolen vehicle?
The Honda Accord
14. How many cars are currently in use around the world?
15. Who came up with the idea for the car first?
Leonard da Vinci
Cinema Bonus Trivia Questions
16. What is the first U.S film to feature a toilet flushing?
17. Which famous serial killer inspired the horror franchise characters of Hannibal Lecter, Norman Bates, and Leatherface?
18. What is the most profitable film of all time?
19. Which film written by George Lucas inspired his dog’s name?
20. Which film holds the record for the most Razzies?
Countries Bonus Trivia Questions
21. How many countries does the UN recognize in the world?
22. Which country was the first to chemically refine sugarcane?
23. Which country has the most un-contacted people in the world?
24. Which country is home to the largest pyramid in the world?
25. Which country invented bread in 8,000 BC?
Drink Bonus Trivia Questions
26. What is the world’s most popular alchohol?
27. Which country has the highest drinking age in the world?
The United States of America
28. In what year did beer start selling in bottles?
29. What insect is usually found in mezcal?
A butterfly caterpillar
30. Which first major whiskey distiller in the U.S. was also a U.S President?
Food Bonus Trivia Questions
31. What is cellulose, a common ingredient in cheese made up of?
32. How many rows does a typical ear of corn have?
33. Where was pie invented?
34. Where was processed cheese invented?
35. What was the original color of carrots before a genetic mutation made them the consumer-preferred orange color?
Purple or white
Geek Bonus Trivia Questions
36. What are the only two things we are naturally born to fear?
Falling and loud noises
37. In what year did we receive the “WOW! signal”, a 72 second signal from space that is still unexplained?
38. Chainsaws were originally invented as a tool to help do what?
39. What is the primary ingredient in invisible ink?
40. Pro wrestler Andre the Giant set the world record for most alcohol consumed in one sitting by drinking how many beers?
Geography Bonus Trivia Questions
41. What is the westernmost and easternmost state in the United States of America?
42. Which country has the most pyramids in the world?
43. Where is the largest rock on the planet located?
44. What is the only continent in the world that sits in all four hemispheres?
45. Which state has the largest cities in the United States of America?
Holidays Bonus Trivia Questions
46. What is the most common traditional meal eaten in Japan on Christmas?
Kentucky Fried Chicken
47. Saint Nicholas was born in what country?
48. The Thanksgiving Feast that the Natives had with the Pilgrims in 1621 lasted for how many days?
49. “Jingle Bells” was originally written for which holiday?
50. The tradition of bobbing for apples and lighting candles inside pumpkins for Halloween, came from which cultural group?
Languages Bonus Trivia Questions
51. What is the most commonly used language?
52. How many languages are spoken in the United States?
53. What is the official language of the United States of America?
There is no official language of the USA
54. Which country has 11 official languages?
55. What was the first language spoken in outterspace?
Literature Bonus Trivia Questions
56. Which classic novel is the highest-selling book of all time, having sold over 500 million copies?
57. Who is the first author to have ever grossed a billion dollars in book sales?
58. How long did “Catch 22” take to complete?
59. What is J.D. Salinger’s only published novel?
Catcher in the Rye
60. The author of The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, was one of the writers on which 1990s children’s TV show?
Clarissa Explains It All
Math Bonus Trivia Questions
61. What is the name of the unit of time, that is 1/100th of a second?
62. What is the only number in the English language that is spelt with the same number of letters as the number itself?
63. What are the only primes that end in 2 or 5?
2 and 5
64. Mathematical symbols were invented in which century?
The 16th century
65. From 0 to 1000, what is the only number that has the letter “a” in it?
Military Bonus Trivia Questions
66. Who is the only U.S. president to have earned the Medal of Honor?
67. What does the Latin Marine Corps motto, “Semper Fidelis,” translate to in English?
68. What are the five armed service branches of the United States Military?
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy
69. In the history of the U.S. Military, which war had the most casualties with more than 618,000 soldiers losing their lives?
The Civil War
70. Until 1947, the Air Force was part of which branch of the Armed Forces?
Money Bonus Trivia Questions
71. What is the most commonly used currency in the world?
The U.S. dollar
72. What is the name of factories where money is made?
73. Which cultural group was the first to stamp the image of a living person on a coin?
74. Who is the only woman to have ever appear on a U.S. currency note?
75. In what year were credit cards first used in the United States?
Music Bonus Trivia Questions
76. Who hosted the largest free concert ever?
77. In 2015, which Canadian astronaut released his first album, which was entirely recorded while he was in space?
78. Who is the only band to have played on all 7 continents?
79. What is the most profitable song of all time?
80. The Offspring’s first drummer left the band to become what kind of doctor?
Ocean Bonus Trivia Questions
81. Who named the Pacific Ocean?
82. What is the most abundant vertebrate in the world?
83. What is the longest mountain range on Earth?
84. Which underwater waterfall between Greenland and Iceland is the tallest in the world?
The Denmark Strait Cataract
85. What is the world’s largest living structure?
The Great Barrier Reef
Planes Bonus Trivia Questions
86. What color is the black box, also known as the Flight Data Recorder?
87. In what year did Chuck Yeager break the sound barrier?
88. What is the longest military plane?
89. What was the fastest commercial plane that offered flights continuously from 1976 to 2003?
90. In what year did commercial flying begin?
Political Bonus Trivia Questions
91. Which state has the most electoral votes?
92. Who was the tallest U.S. president?
93. Who was the first U.S. president to be born in the United States of America?
Martin Van Buren
94. Who was the first woman to run for U.S. president?
95. Who was the only U.S. president that was a hangman?
Psychology Bonus Trivia Questions
96. What is the process that occurs when two stimuli are repeatedly paired?
97. What theory was Albert Bandura famous for?
Social Cognitive Theory
98. Carl Jung was the psychoanalyst who was famous for introducing which concept?
99. This American psychologist was famous for the theory of Operant Conditioning?
100. What is the name of the test where you would ask a patient to look at cards with inkblots on them?
Religion Bonus Trivia Questions
101. In Catholicism who is the patron saint for headaches?
102. What is the world’s largest religion?
103. What herb did ancient Israelites burn during worship?
104. Who was the first woman to get a Ph.D in computer science in 1965?
Sister Mary Kenneth Keller
105. What is the name of the book written by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, that became part of the core foundation of Scientology?
Sciences Bonus Trivia Questions
106. How many more bones do human babies have than adults?
107. Which planet is the only planet that spins clockwise?
108. Killer whales are in fact what kind of mammal?
109. Where are a grasshopper’s ears located?
In their Bellies
110. How many brains do Octopuses have?
Space Bonus Trivia Questions
111. Which planet that we know of has the biggest volcano?
112. Which planet has extremely powerful winds?
113. Who is the only person that was ever cured of HIV/AIDS?
Timothy Ray Brown
114. Scallops can have up to how many eyes?
115. Which country has the most tornadoes per square mile?
The United Kingdom
Sports Bonus Trivia Questions
116. How many dimples does the average golf ball have?
117. How many World Series had Babe Ruth won in 15 seasons with the New York Yankees?
118. Who has achieved the only “double” triple-double in the history of professional basketball?
119. Who has three of the eight 60-home run seasons in baseball history?
120. How many Olympic Games have been held in countries that no longer exist?
Technology Bonus Trivia Questions
121. What animal is featured in the Firefox logo?
A Red Panda
122. What is the is the name for when someone thinks their phone is vibrating, but it isn’t?
Phantom Vibration Syndrome
123. What was Amazon’s original name?
124. In what year was the first commercial text sent?
125. Who created the first electromechanical binary programmable computer and the first functional modern computer between 1936 and 1938, known as the Z1?
German Konrad Zuse
Videogames Bonus Trivia Questions
126. Founded in 1889, what was Nintendo selling before they became a videogame giant?
127. What video game system was brought into space on the TM-17 space mission, orbiting the Earth 3,000 times?
The Nintendo Game Boy
128. What was the first 1985 Taito arcade game that featured a human female video game character?
129. What is the longest supported online game ever?
130. What is the best selling video game console of all time, having sold over 155 million units?
The PlayStation 2