With so much information in the Bible, it can be challenging to learn, retain, and apply all of the teachings. Bible trivia is a great way to study the works. Here you will find 678 Bible trivia questions. These Bible trivia questions below were created following the same order of the books in The Word of God Alive & Active – Holy Bible – Today’s English Version. This was accomplished by going through every book in this bible and identifying each text’s important components for you to quiz yourself.
Whether you’re testing yourself, wanting to learn new information, or having a game night with your friends, these 678 Bible trivia questions are a great way to learn all of the information found in the Bible. The table of contents below allow you to identify and jump right to the book you would like to focus on, or you can start at the beginning and cover the entire Bible, front to back.
Continue on for the full list of 678 bible trivia questions and answers.
Use the contents tables below to pick the specific books you would like trivia questions & answers from. The first table on the left focuses on the Old Testament of the Bible. The second table on the right focuses on the New Testament of the Bible.
Play 678 Bible Trivia Questions Quiz
Read 678 Bible Trivia Questions & Answers
The Bible is the holy book of Christianity. It consists of the Old Testament and the New Testament, which together contain stories and teachings about the faith, history, and relationships between God and humans. The Bible has had a profound impact on humanity. It has been used by many societies as a source of guidance and comfort. The Bible has served as a source of inspiration and encouragement for generations, offering comfort and hope to those who are going through difficult times. It has been used to shape religious beliefs, inform moral values, and provide insight into the human condition. It has also been used as a source of literature, art, and music, and has helped to shape the development of language, literature, and culture around the world.
Read on to learn facts about the Bible using these 678 Bible trivia questions and answers.
The Old Testament Trivia Questions & Answers
The Old Testament is the first part of the Bible. It is based on the Hebrew Bible, which is believed by many to be, the Word of God. This is the foundational book of many religious texts. It is a significant component of most modern day religions and their writings. There is a distinct difference in the presentation of the Word of God in this part of the Bible. It is rich in history and meaning. Use these Bible trivia questions to test yourself and learn more about the content of this important part of the Good Book.
The Book of Genesis
The Book of Genesis is the first book of the Bible. It is an account of the creation of the world, early human history, and the origination of the Jewish people in Israel.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Genesis, read on for some challenging Book of Genesis trivia questions.
The Book of Genesis Trivia Questions & Answers
1. In the Book of Genesis, when God decides to destroy the world he created, who is the only person (and his family) that God spares?
2. What was Abraham’s name, originally?
3. What was Sarah’s name, originally?
4. What is the oldest known, surviving copy, of the complete Latin Bible called?
The Codex Amiatinus
5. What was instituted as the sign of covenant for all males by God?
6. In the Book of Genesis, which chapters make up the “primeval history” which is story of the the first years of the world’s existence?
7. In the Book of Genesis, which chapters make up the “ancestral history” which is the era of the three Biblical patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?
8. What was Abraham’s birthplace?
Ur of Chaldeans or Ur Kaśdim
9. Who does Sarah tell Abraham to take as his second wife
Hagar or Keturah
10. When Abraham leaves Ur of the Chaldeans, where does he journey to?
11. What is the Hebrew term for a person or group that is residing in a place that is not primarily their own, and is dependent on the good will of the community for their existence?
12. Who is the only son of Abraham and Sarah?
13. Who was Abraham’s first son with Hagar?
14. Who is the second of the patriarchs of Israel?
15. What is the name of the son of Isaac and Rebecca, who is later called Israel?
16. Who does Sarah drive out into the wilderness with Hagar, after the birth of Isaac?
17. Where do Israel, his son Joseph, and the Children of Israel descend into?
18. Which cities does God destroy because of the sins of of the people?
Sodom and Gomorrah
19. How many people, in total, descended into Egypt with Israel?
20. Who gives birth to the twins, Esau and Jacob?
21. Who does tradition credit to the be the author of Genesis?
22. Who does God demand Abraham sacrifice?
His Son Isaac
23. In how many days did God create the world?
24. When Sarah dies, where does Abraham purchase a plot for a family tomb?
25. God consecrates the seventh day to be a day of what?
A Day of Rest
26. Who’s wife turns back to look at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and turns into a pillar of salt?
27. Who were the first man and woman, God created?
Adam and Eve
28. Which tree does God instruct Adam and Eve not to eat from?
The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
29. Which people are the ancestors of the daughters of Lot?
The Moabites and the Ammonites
30. Which animal entices Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
31. What town do Abraham and Sarah go to, pretending to be brother and sister?
32. Where does Abraham send his servant to find a wife for Isaac?
33. Who entices Adam to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
34. Who does the king of Gerar take as his wife, and God warns him to return her?
35. Where does God create the first humans and animals?
The Garden of Eden
36. Why does Cain kill Abel?
God Rejected Cain’s Offering
37. After Jacob becomes the heir instead of Esau, and flees to his uncle, who are the two wives he earns?
Rachel and Leah
38. When Abraham send’s his servant to Mesopotamia to find a wife for Isaac, who is selected to be betrothed to Isaac?
39. What is the name of the son Eve bears to take Abel’s place?
40. Who has twelve sons, who are the ancestors of the twelve tribes?
Israel or Jacob
41. What is the name of the mysterious giant beings, mostly mentioned in the Book of Genesis?
42. Who does Abraham marry after the death of his first wife, Sarah?
43. What does God instruct Noah and his family to build?
44. Which of Jacob’s sons makes his brothers so jealous, they sell him into slavery?
45. How many pairs of each clean animal does God instruct Noah to put on his ark?
46. How many pairs of each unclean animal does God instruct Noah to put on his Ark?
47. What does God send to wipe out the world?
A Great Flood
48. Who does Jacob and his sons not recognize when they are reunited?
49. What is God’s symbol of his promise, that he will never destroy the world with water again?
50. What does God see mankind cooperating to build, so he divides humanity with many languages and sets them apart?
The Tower of Babel
The Book of Exodus
The Book of Exodus tells the story of how the Israelites were delivered from slavery through their Exodus from Egypt. It also gives the significant account of how Moses lead his people, the revelations on the Mountain, and God’s favoring of Israel.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Exodus, read on for some challenging Book of Exodus trivia questions.
The Book of Exodus Trivia Questions & Answers
51. Who was the Egyptian overseer beating, causing Moses to kill him?
A Hebrew Slave
52. During the Plagues of Egypt, what does God rain down, killing any man and animal that is not in a place of shelter?
Lightning and Hail
53. Where does Moses lead the Israelites out of bondage through, holding out his staff to make way?
The Red Sea
54. What does God pronounce at Mount Sinai?
The Ten Commandments
55. When Moses asks God for his name, what is God’s reply?
I Am that I Am
56. When Moses is leading his people to Canaan, and God seeks to kill him, who saves his life?
57. What were the two tablets of stone containing the Ten Commandments, written with?
The Finger of God
58. During the Plagues of Egypt, what does God turn the water into?
59. When God calls Moses up the mountain for the second time, how many days and nights does Moses remain?
60. How many plagues does God smite the Egyptians with, when Pharaoh refused to release the Israelites?
61. Where does Jacob’s sons and their families join Joseph?
62. Where does Moses flee after killing an Egyptian Overseer?
63. During the Plagues of Egypt, what did God turn all the dust of Egypt into?
64. In Midian, who does Moses Marry?
65. When Moses comes down from the mountain, after God threatens to kill the unfaithful Israelites, what does Moses destroy out of anger?
The Stone Tablets
66. During the plague of Egypt, what does God send swarms of, that will “cover each and every tree of the land and eat all that is there to be eaten”?
67. Who does the Pharaoh fear could become a fifth column within Egypt (enemies of Egypt), so he enslaves them?
68. Who appears at the peak of the Mount Sinai?
69. What does God provide along with water to the Israelites when they are hungry?
70. During the Plagues of Egypt, what does God turn the water into?
71. Where does the Pharaoh order all newborn Israelites be thrown into?
The Nile River
72. What does God give the instructions for the construction of, so that he may dwell permanently among his chosen people?
The Tabernacle or the Tent of the Congregation
73. When Moses is with God, what does Aaron cast which the people worship?
The Golden Calf
74. Who is Moses’ wife Zipporah, the daughter of?
Jethro or Reuel
74. Who became the first hereditary high priest under God?
75. What ritual and civil law does God pronounce when Moses goes up into the mountain?
The Covenant Code
76. During the plagues of Egypt, how many days of darkness did God cover all of Egypt?
77. Which people does Moses command, to kill the unfaithful Israelites?
78. What does a Levite woman put her baby Moses in, to set him adrift on the river Nile?
An Ark of Bulrushes
79. When Moses returns to Egypt, what does he fail to convince the Pharaoh to do?
Release the Israelites
80. During the Plagues of Egypt, what did the handful of soot from the furnace become, which covered all the men and animals?
81. Who finds the Levite woman’s baby that was set adrift on the river Nile?
82. After Moses remains on the mountain for forty days and forty nights, what does he return bearing a set of?
83. Who does God tell to ascend Mount Sinai?
84. After killing an Egyptian slave-master who was beating a Hebrew, Moses fled across the Red Sea to Midian; what did he encounter God within?
A Burning Bush
85. When Moses assembles the Hebrews and repeats the commandments to them, what day must be kept in God’s honor?
86. What is God’s name presented to be in the Book of Exodus?
87. When Moses returns from the mountain, what has physically changed about him?
88. During the Plagues of Egypt, what amphibian does God unleashes in hordes upon the Egyptian people?
89. What does Pharaoh’s daughter name the baby that was set adrift on the river nile?
90. During the plagues of Egypt, what did God tell Moses to tell the Israelites to use, to mark above their doors, so that Yahweh would pass over them?
91. Who visits Moses at the Mountain of God, suggesting he appoint judges over Israel?
92. Which text is the second of the law codes given to Moses by God on Mount Sinai?
The Covenant Code
93. What is the more common name of the Decalogue, the set of biblical principles relating to ethics and worship of Christianity and Judaism?
The Ten Commandments
94. When Moses goes up Mount Sinai and God pronounces the Covenant Code, what land does God promise to the people if these laws are obeyed?
Canaan or Israel
95. What must Moses wear to hide his face, after it has physically transformed?
The Book of Leviticus
The Book of Leviticus is mostly comprised of God’s speeches to Moses, taking place during the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. God commands that Moses, repeat his words to the Israelites. In Leviticus, God tells the Israelites and their priests how to make offerings and how to conduct themselves in the Tabernacle.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Leviticus, read on for some challenging Book of Leviticus trivia questions.
The Book of Leviticus Trivia Questions & Answers
96. Besides Aaron, who does Moses consecrate as the first priests?
97. Whose sons are consumed with fire, by God, for their ritual offenses?
98. What is the common English translation of Yom Kippur?
The Day of Atonemen
99. According to the Book of Leviticus, who is essential in handling the blood for sacrifice?
100. What does Nadab and Abihu offer to God in their sacrifice, which in turn is disobeying God, and leads to God consuming them with fire?
101. What is the only day that the High Priest is allowed to enter the holiest part of the sanctuary?
Yom Kippur or The Day of Atonement
102. What animal is to be sacrificed for the sins of the Priest on the Day of Atonement?
103. What animal is to be sacrificed for the community on the Day of Atonement?
104. Who does the priest send the second goat as a sacrifice into the desert for, bearing the sins of all the people?
105. What is the name of the god that is forbidden to be worshipped, with strict penalties for doing so?
106. On what day are Hebrew slaves and prisoners freed, debts would be forgiven, and the mercies of God would particularly manifest?
The Book of Numbers
The Book of Numbers derives from the censuses taken of the Israelites, requested by God during their sanctuary, with the task of taking possession of the Promised Land. This work depicts the journey, deaths, and the arrival of the Israelites at the borders of Canaan.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Numbers, read on for some challenging Book of Numbers trivia questions.
The Book of Numbers Trivia Questions & Answers
107. Who does God order into the wilderness of Sinai, to find those that are able to bear arms?
108. Which tribe is exempted from military service?
The Tribe of Levi
109. Who were the Gershonites and the Merarites headed by?
110. Which people does Moses order to be massacred?
111. How many years does Yahweh decrees, that the Israelites will be punished, by having to wander in the wilderness, for losing their faith?
112. Why does Miriam and Aaron insult Moses?
For Marrying a Cushite
113. How many spies are sent into Canaan, to report back to Moses?
114. How many Israelites are found by Moses to be fit for military service?
115. What were the Israelites bitten by for speaking against God and Moses?
The Fiery Flying Serpents
116. How many perished in the plague for murmuring against Moses and Aaron for the destruction of Korah’s men?
117. Who does Moses consecrate for the service of the Tabernacle, in place of the first-born sons?
118. Who’s descendants where given the Promised Land by God?
Abraham or Abram
119. What are the names of the two spies, that are sent into Canaan, that report back to Moses, that the land is “flowing with milk and honey”?
Joshua and Caleb
120. Where does Aaron die?
On Mount Hor
121. How many elders is Moses ordered to choose, in order to help him govern the Israelites?
122. Who supervised the Kohathites, who carried the Ark and the holy furniture upon their shoulders on the march?
123. What skin condition is Miriam punished with, for insulting Moses?
124. Who led the rebellion against Moses?
125. Who is Moses ordered to appoint as his successor?
126. Which two groups of people request Moses to assign them the land east of the Jordan?
The Reubenites and The Gadites
127. Which half-tribe is given a portion of the land east of Jordan?
The Book of Deuteronomy
The Book of Deuteronomy consists of the three sermons delivered by Moses to the Israelites, before they entered the Promised Land. These speeches consisted of the forty of wilderness wandering, and ended with the demand that the people follow the Law of Moses.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Deuteronomy, read on for some challenging Book of Deuteronomy trivia questions.
The Book of Deuteronomy Trivia Questions & Answers
128. What are the set of Biblical principles of ethics and worship given at Mount Horeb (Sinai) called?
The Ten Commandments
129. What are the laws governing Israel’s worship, the regulation of community and religious leaders, social regulation, and confession of loyalty called?
The Deuteronomic Code
129. What mountain does Moses ascend, to die and be buried by God?
Mount Nebo or Nevo
130. Where are all sacrifices and vows to be brought?
The Central Sanctuary
131. Which group’s gods were forbidden from worship?
132. Which three Pilgrimage Festivals were instituted in the Book of Deuteronomy?
Passover, Shavuot, and Sukkot
133. What is the name of the obligatory specially knotted ritual tassels worn by observant Jewish people and Samaritans?
134. Debts are to be released in what year?
The Seventh Year
135. What is the act of collecting leftover crops, that are to be given to the poor called?
136. What is the disfiguring skin condition in the Bible called?
The Book of Joshua
The Book of Joshua tells the stories of the Israelites, the destruction of their enemies, and the land distribution to the Twelve Tribes. In these stories, these campaigns were commanded by God, with the strict instruction to faithfully observe Mosaic Law.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Joshua, read on for some challenging Book of Joshua trivia questions.
The Book of Joshua Trivia Questions & Answers
137. Which Canaanite woman hid two spies and sets in motion, the Israelites entrance into Canaan?
138. In which mountains is Eleazar buried?
The Hill of Phinehas or Ephraim
139. What river do the Israelites cross though the miraculous intervention of God and the Ark of the covenant?
The Jordan River
140. Who as king, distributed the land to the tribes, also called, a covenantal land grant?
141. What was the first capital of the Kingdom of Israel?
142. What book does God warn Joshua to keep faith with?
The Mosaic Covenant
143. Where are Joseph’s bones buried?
Shechem or Nablus
143. Which group of people trick the Israelites into entering an alliance with them, by saying they are not Canaanites?
144. What land did Joshua task two men to enter into as spies?
145. Where is Joshua buried?
Timnath-serah or Timnath-heres
146. What does Yahweh miraculously hurl down to defeat the Canaanite king?
The Book of Judges
The Book of Judges are stories that follow a repeated cycle; the people are unfaithful to Yahweh, they are delivered to their enemies, they repent for mercy, a great leader is sent to deliver them from oppression, prosperity returns, and then the people fall back into their unfaithful ways, restarting the same pattern. These great leaders are known as “Judges”.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Judges, read on for some challenging Book of Judges trivia questions.
The Book of Judges Trivia Questions & Answers
147. Who was the king of Moab that oppressed Israel?
148. Who was the last of the judges of the Israelites, according to the book of judges?
149. Who is the only female judge mentioned in the Bible?
150. Who was the king of Shechem and the son of Gideon?
151. Who killed Eglon of Moab?
152. Who is the king of Aram-Naharaim, and the first that oppressor of the Israelites?
153. Which group of people did Jephthah lead the Israelites into battle against?
154. Who helped Deborah defeat the Canaanite armies lead by Sisera?
155. What group of people did Samson kill, by bringing down the columns and collapsing the temple?
156. Jabin was the king of which city in Canaan?
157. Who was King Jabin’s captain at the Battle of Mount Tabor?
The Book of Ruth
The Book of Ruth tells the story of a Moabite woman named Ruth, who accepts Yahweh as her God and the Israelites as her people. Ruth stays with her Israelite mother-in-law, after the death of her husband, even after she is sent away by her mother-in-law.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Ruth, read on for some challenging Book of Ruth trivia questions.
The Book of Ruth Trivia Questions & Answers
158. Where did Elimelech and his family emigrate from?
159. Where did Elimelech and his family emigrate to?
160. Who was Elimelech’s wife?
161. Who were the sons of Elimelech and Naomi?
Mahlon and Chilion
162. Who was Mahlon’s wife?
163. When Ruth went to the field to glean, what was the name of the man the field belonged to?
163. Who was Chilion’s wife?
164. Who did Ruth marry after the death of Mahlon?
165. What was the name of Boaz and Ruth’s son?
The Books of Samuel
The Book of Samuel starts with the birth of Samuel, who is called by God as a child, and as a prophet. The book also includes the stories of Samuel anointing Saul as Israel’s first king, but God chooses David to be king instead, leading the Israelites to defeat their oppressors, and then Solomon builds the Temple for the Ark of the covenant.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Samuel, read on for some challenging Book of Samuel trivia questions.
The Books of Samuel Trivia Questions & Answers
166. Who tells Yahweh, that if she is granted a son, the son will be dedicated to Yahweh for his entire life?
167. Who is the only other Nazirite besides Samson, identified in the Bible?
168. Which people capture the Ark of the Covenant from Shiloh?
169. What is Hannah’s son’s name?
170. Where do the Israelites rush out of, to attack Philistines?
171. Who does Samuel appoint as judges, in his old age?
Joel and Abijah (His Sons)
172. What is the name of the priest that blessed Hannah and sent her home?
173. Who was Saul’s first son?
174. What are the names of Eli’s sons?
Hophni and Phinehas
175. What city is Eli the priest of?
176. Who does Samuel to make king first?
177. Who does Samuel make king second?
178. When the Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Shiloh, which god’s temple do they bring it too?
Dagon or Dagan
179. In what battle do Hophni and Phinehas die?
The Battle of Aphek
180. Saul disobeys Yahweh’s instruction to destroy which enemies of the Israelites?
181. What battle are Saul and Jonathan killed in?
The battle of Mount Gilboa
182. What is the name of Saul’s son, who is the ruler over the Northern tribes, during David’s reign?
Ish-bosheth or Ishbaal
183. Who does David commit adultery with?
184. Who are the two army-captains who killed Ishbaal?
Rechab and Baanah
185. Who does David deliberately send on a suicide mission?
Uriah the Hittite
186. What is the name of David’s oldest son, who rapes his half-sister, Tamar?
187. Who kills Amnon for raping Tamar?
188. In what battle is Absalom killed?
The Battle of the Wood of Ephraim
189. Who of Saul’s remaining seven descendants is saved by David?
The Books of Kings
The Books of Kings provides the explanation for the destruction of the Kingdom of Judah by Babylon, as well as the foundation for the return from exile. These books explain the ancient history of Judah and Israel during these times.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Kings, read on for some challenging Book of Kings trivia questions.
The Books of Kings Trivia Questions & Answers
190. Who is the fourth son of King David, who proclaim’s himself as the successor to the throne?
191. Who built the First Temple?
192. Who is appointed as David’s successor, by his supporters?
193. Which group of people does God bring to destroy the Northern kingdom?
194. When the kingdom is split in two, who becomes the first King to reign over the Kingdom of Judah?
195. Who is the 13th king of Judah, that follows his ancestor David, and destroys the images of the other gods?
196. Who reverses the reforms of Hezekiah, which leads to God destroying Jerusalem?
Manasseh of Judah
197. Who is the Neo-Babylonian King that defeated Jerusalem?
198. Who was the twentieth and last King of Judah before the kingdom was destroyed by King Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon?
Zedekiah or Mattanyahu
The Books of Chronicles
The Books of Chronicles is a historical and genealogical work, starting from Adam, and narrating through the history of ancient Israel and Judah, until the proclamation of King Cyrus. The stories include the first Kingdom of Israel, all the way to the conquering of the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Chronicles, read on for some challenging Book of Chronicles trivia questions.
The Books of Chronicles Trivia Questions & Answers
199. Who was the third son of Adam and Eve and the brother of Cain and Abel?
200. Who was the first son of Seth?
Enosh or Enos
201. Who was the king of the United Monarchy of Israel and Judah, that also killed Goliath?
202. Who succeeded his father, King David?
203. When Judah is destroyed, where are the people taken into exile?
204. Who was the Persian king who the conquered the Neo-Babylonian Empire?
King Cyrus the Great
205. What did Cyrus the Great order to be restored in Jerusalem?
The Book of Ezra
The Book of Ezra tells of the Return to Zion after Babylonian captivity. The stories are divided into two parts. The first part tells about the return from exile through King Cyrus, and the creation of the new Temple in Jerusalem. The second part tells of the mission of Ezar to Jerusalem and trying to purify the Jewish people from marriage with non-Jewish people.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Ezra, read on for some challenging Book of Ezra trivia questions.
The Book of Ezra Trivia Questions & Answers
206. Who was the “prince of Judah”, that Cyrus the Great entrusted the return of temple vessels?
207. How many exiles returned from Babylon to Jerusalem and Judah?
208. Who was the first person chosen to be the High Priest, for the reconstruction of the Jewish temple, after the return of the Jewish people from Babylonian captivity?
Joshua, Jeshua, or Yeshua the High Priest
209. The officials of Samaria, wrote to which to king, warning him that Jerusalem is being rebuilt?
210. Who writes to Darius, warning him that Jerusalem is being rebuilt, and to search for the decree of Cyrus?
211. Who does King Artaxerxes commission to appoint magistrates and judges, to administer the laws of God?
212. When Ezra and the large group of people camp by the canal outside of Babylon, what tribe does he realize he does not have with him?
213. Who do the Israelites assemble and send away?
The Foreign Wives and Children
The Book of Nehemiah
The Book of Nehemiah is mostly a first person memoir about the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem, after the Babylonian exile. The author, is a high official of the Persian court. The theme of the writing centers around the dedication of the city and the people to God’s laws.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Nehemiah, read on for some challenging Book of Nehemiah trivia questions.
The Book of Nehemiah Trivia Questions & Answers
214. Who does the King of Susa appoint as governor of Judah?
215. Where does Nehemiah travel to rebuild the walls?
216. Which King aids Nehemiah in his mission to return to Jerusalem and rebuild its walls?
217. Who forces that all debt and mortgages from Jewish nobles, oppressing the poor, be cancelled?
218. Who accuses Nehemiah of planning a rebellion against Artaxerxes?
219. After how many years does Nehemiah return to Susa?
The Book of Tobit
The Book of Tobit is a book of scripture, named after its main character. The book combines piety and morality with folklore. The teachings include prayers, psalms, and words of wisdom through the told story, reflecting the authors personal insight into religious faith.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Tobit, read on for some challenging Book of Tobit trivia questions.
The Book of Tobit Trivia Questions & Answers
220. What Tribe was Tobit a part of?
The Naphtali Tribe
221. Who was Tobit’s paternal grandmother?
222. Which cult does Tobit refuse?
The Golden Calves
223. Who was the first king of the Northern Kingdom of Israel?
224. What falls into his eyes and blinds Tobit, after he falls asleep in the open?
225. Who does Tobit falsely accuse of stealing a baby goat?
Anna (His Wife)
226. Who is the “worst of demons”, the demon of lust?
227. Who does God send to heal Tobit and free Sarah from Asmodeus?
228. Where was Tobias washing his feet when a fish tried to swallow his foot?
The Tigris River
229. Who does Raphael tell Tobias to marry?
230. What does Raphael tell Tobias to use, to cure his father’s blindness?
The Fish Gall Bladder
The Book of Judith
The Book of Judith tells the story of a Jewish widow who uses her charm and beauty to destroy a foreign general. Through her actions, Judith saves Israel from oppression.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Judith, read on for some challenging Book of Judith trivia questions.
The Book of Judith Trivia Questions & Answers
231. Judith is upset with her Jewish countrymen, for not trusting God to deliver them from who?
232. Who does Judith go with, to the camp of the enemy general?
233. What is the name of the enemy general?
234. How does Judith kill the enemy general?
235. Which group of people disperse once they find out their leader has died?
The Book of Esther
The Book of Esther is the story of a Hebrew woman in Persia. She becomes the queen of Persia and avoids her people’s genocide. This story is told during Purim, which commemorates the saving of the Jewish people.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Esther, read on for some challenging Book of Esther trivia questions.
The Book of Esther Trivia Questions & Answers
236. Who is the ruler of the Person Empire, who holds a lavish 180 day banquet for his court and dignitaries?
237. What is the name of the capital city, that King Ahasuerus, holds a seven day banquet for its inhabitants?
238. What is the name of the queen, that King Ahasuerus orders to display her beauty?
239. Who was Esther raised by?
240. Who are the two eunuchs that are plotting to kill King Ahasuerus?
Bigthan and Teresh
241. What is the name of the viceroy that Mordecai refused to bow down to?
242. How many days does Esther direct Mordecai to have the Jewish people fast for her?
243. Who does King Ahasuerus plan to honor?
242. Who does King Ahasuerus order to be hanged on the gallows?
243. What is the name of the holiday that commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman?
The First & Second Book of Maccabees
The First and Second Book of Maccabees are best known for their accounts of the Maccabean revolt. The first work establishes the rededication of the Second Temple, which would later become the foundation of the Hanukkah. The second work recounts the first seven chapters of the first work with the addition of the Pharisaic tradition.
To test your knowledge on the First and Second Book of Maccabees, read on for some challenging the First and Second Book of Maccabees trivia questions.
The First & Second Book of Maccabees Trivia Questions & Answers
244. Which greek ruler tried to suppress the practice of basic Jewish Law?
Antiochus IV Epiphanes
245. What was the revolt against the Seleucid Empire and Hellenistic influence called?
The Maccabean Revolt
246. Who conquered the territory of Judea?
Alexander the Great
247. Where did Mattathias and his five sons live?
248. On what day did the Jewish defenders choose not to fight, resulting in the loss of a thousand Jewish people?
249. Which festival is instituted by Judas Maccabeus and his brothers to celebrate the day that the temple is freed and reconsecrated?
250. Who did Judas seek an alliance with, aiming to remove the Greeks?
The Roman Republic
251. Which Greek general did Jonathan Apphus have battle with?
252. Who double crosses Jonathan, leading to his capture?
253. Who follows Jonathan as the next Jewish leader?
254. Who instigated the assassination of Simon and his two sons?
The Book of Job
The Book of Job addresses why God allows for evil in the world. Job suffered many tragedies through his experiences, at the hand of Satan. In these writings, we see how Job, a devout man of faith, is tested by God in his life.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Job, read on for some challenging the Book of Job trivia questions.
The Book of Job Trivia Questions & Answers
255. Where does Job live?
The Land of Uz
256. Who does God ask the opinion of Job’s piety?
257. What does God give Satan permission to take from Job?
His Wealth and His Children
258. What does God allow Satan to afflict Job’s body with?
259. Who prompts Job to “curse God and die”?
260. Who are Job’s three friends that console him?
Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar
261. Which poem follows the dialogues of Job and his friends?
The Hymn to Wisdom
262. After Job protests his innocence and demands that God answer him, who intervenes to say that, wisdom comes from God?
263. When God tells Eliphaz that he, Bildad, and Zophar must make a burnt offering, who does he say will be their intercessor?
264. What does God speak to Job through?
265. Once God restores Job to health, riches, and social standing, how many more children does Job have?
The Book of Psalms
The Book of Psalms is composed of many sacred songs and hymns related to the teachings of the Christian and Jewish faith. Of all the Psalms written, one author is attributed to having created at least 75, having written more than any other writer in the book.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Psalms, read on for some challenging the Book of Psalms trivia questions.
The Book of Psalms Trivia Questions & Answers
266. The Book of Psalms is divided into how many sections?
267. How many poems are included in the Book of Psalms?
268. Who has the most psalms associated to him in the Bible?
269. How many psalms did Moses write in the Book of Psalms?
270. What are the songs of praise for God’s creation in history called?
271. What are the Psalms that express deep sorrow for the travails of a nation and ask God for blessing or intervention?
Psalms of Lament or Psalms of Communal Lament
272. Which psalms deal with the spiritual role of kings in the worship of God?
The Book of Proverbs
The Book of Proverbs is a collection of writings that connects the pattern of life for over a millennium. These Biblical wisdoms bring up questions about the meaning of life, moral behaviors, values, and moreover, reenforce the importance of submitting one’s will to God, as a means to true wisdom, which is the ultimate goal of living a religious life.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Proverbs, read on for some challenging the Book of Proverbs trivia questions.
The Book of Proverbs Trivia Questions & Answers
273. Who are Proverbs 1-9 attributed to?
274. What are Proverbs 22:17-24:22 called?
The Sayings of the Wise
275. Who are Proverbs 30 attributed to?
Agur ben Jakeh
276. Who are Proverbs 31:1-9 attributed to?
King Lemuel of Massa
277. Who are Proverbs 10-22:16 attributed to?
278. In proverbs 25-29, the officials from which king copied Solomons words?
Hezekiah of Judah
279. Who taught King Lemuel, proverbs 31:1-9?
Ecclesiastes is presented as the biography of the son of David. This story is introduced by a narrator. The Protagonist then gives the account of his planning, thoughts and experiences through his journey for knowledge. Ultimately, we learn that it is important to enjoy the journey towards wisdom, more than the goal of attaining it, since life will bring much frustration and unpredictability.
To test your knowledge on Ecclesiastes, read on for some challenging Ecclesiastes trivia questions.
Ecclesiastes Trivia Questions & Answers
280. Who’s wisdom is Ecclesiastes about?
281. Who was Kohelet’s father?
282. What title did Kohelet hold?
283. Who is believed to have written Ecclesiastes?
284. What does the Teacher proclaim “Everything” is?
285. What does the author say wisdom brings?
286. Who does the author say are happier than the living?
The Song of Songs
The Song of Songs is a unique writing in the Bible. It explores physical love rather than wisdom. In this writing, the two lovers are praising one another in harmony, desiring one another’s intimacy. In modern Jewish and Christian tradition, this book is an allegory of the relationship between God and his people.
To test your knowledge on the Song of Songs, read on for some challenging the Song of Songs trivia questions.
The Song of Songs Trivia Questions & Answers
287. In the introduction, who are the “Song of Songs” attributed to?
288. In chapter 2, the woman says she is “a ____ of Sharon”; what is the missing word?
289. In chapter 1, the woman says, “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth – for your love is more delightful than ____”; what does she say the man’s love is more delightful than?
290. In chapter 4, the man says, “Your breasts are like two ____”; what does the man compare the woman’s breasts to?
291. In chapter 4, the man says, “Thy lips are like a thread of ____”; what does the man compare the woman’s lips to?
The Book of Wisdom
The Book of Wisdom focuses on a central theme of Wisdom in two forms. The first form of Wisdom applies to man, where Wisdom is the righteous perfection of knowledge bestowed by God. The second form of Wisdom is with God, where we learn, Wisdom is with God for all eternity.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Wisdom, read on for some challenging the Book of Wisdom trivia questions.
The Book of Wisdom Trivia Questions & Answers
292. The Book of Wisdom is addressed to who?
The Rulers of Earth
293. Who is strongly implied to be telling of his search for wisdom?
294. The Book of Wisdom, addresses rulers of the earth, to love what?
295. In the second section, what is Solomon searching for?
296. According to the author, what does the “soul that plots evil” not receive?
297. According to the author, who invited death?
298. The author calls our lifetime, “the passing” of what?
The Book of Sirach
The Book of Sirach was written by a Jewish scribe, on the inspiration of his father. The prologue of the Book of Sirach is considered to be the earliest witness to a canon of the book of prophets. This book deals mainly with wisdom, its meaning, and the instruction of living in a proper manner. It is a collection of ethical teachings.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Sirach, read on for some challenging the Book of Sirach trivia questions.
The Book of Sirach Trivia Questions & Answers
299. Who is the author of the Book of Sirach?
300. Who is believed to be Ben Sira’s father?
301. Where did Ben Sira live?
302. Who does the author say that all wisdom comes from?
303. The beginning of “Wisdom” in Ben Sira’s view, is synonymous with what?
The Fear of God
304. The Book of Sirach, contains the only instance in Biblical teaching of an explicit recommendation of what?
305. What does the author say, will consume you like fire?
306. When you first gain a friend, what does the author say you must do before you trust him?
The Book of Isaiah
The Book of Isaiah is the first of the Major Prophets in the Christian Old Testament and the first of the Latter Prophets in the Hebrew Bible. In the first section, there is promise of judgement and then the restoration of Jerusalem, Judah, and the nations. In the second section, judgement has been presumably passed and restoration will soon come.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Isaiah, read on for some challenging the Book of Isaiah trivia questions.
The Book of Isaiah Trivia Questions & Answers
307. God has a plan which will be realized on what day?
The Day of Yahweh or the Day of the Lord
308. On the Day of the Lord, what place will become the center of God’s worldwide rule?
New Jerusalem or Zion
309. Who will emerge in the aftermath of Jerusalem’s punishment?
310. Where will Yahweh return the redeemed exiles to?
Jerusalem or Zion
311. Who’s faithfulness to Yahweh during the Assyrian siege is a model for restored community?
312. Who is the Persian king, the promised messiah, and the temple-builder that restored Zion?
King Cyrus the Great
313. Who is Isaiah the son of?
314. Which king died, in the year that Isaiah received his call, according to the Book of Isaiah?
315. Rather than political or military alliances, what did Isaiah believe was the only thing that could protect Judah and Jerusalem?
Complete Faith in Yahweh
316. Which enemies are the threat to Judah and Jerusalem during this period?
The Book of Jeremiah
The Book of Jeremiah is the second of the Latter Prophets in the Hebrew Bible and the second of the Prophets in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. The Book of Jeremiah is a message to the Jewish people that are in exile. Jeremiah explains that their exile is God’s response to the worship of pagans, but alludes to a restoration and a new covenant.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Jeremiah, read on for some challenging the Book of Jeremiah trivia questions.
The Book of Jeremiah Trivia Questions & Answers
317. Under what king did Jeremiah begin his prophetic mission?
318. Under what king did Jeremiah finish his prophetic mission?
319. The book of Jeremiah focuses on the events leading up to and surrounding the fall of Jerusalem to which state?
320. Who is Jeremiah the son of?
321. Where is Jeremiah thrown into, to die?
322. How was Jeremiah killed?
He was Stoned to Death
323. What town was Jeremiah from?
324. Who wrote down Jeremiah’s words, as the prophet dictated them?
The Book of Lamentations
The Book of Lamentations is a book of poetic expressions of grief and sorrow for the destruction of the city. The book mourns God’s desertion. The degree of suffering is extreme, and the potential for redemption seems impossible. The author mentions repeatedly that this occurred because of the actions of the people against God.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Lamentations, read on for some challenging the Book of Lamentations trivia questions.
The Book of Lamentations Trivia Questions & Answers
325. How many poems are there in Lamentations?
326. Who has Lamentations traditionally been ascribed too?
327. The destruction of what city is described in the Book of Lamentations?
328. In the first chapter, what is the city compared to, weeping and overcome with miseries?
329. What are these miseries created by God, connected to in chapter 2?
Sins of the People
330. What does the author say, Jerusalem once a queen, has now become?
The Book of Baruch
The Book of Baruch is a reflection of Baruch’s take on the Jewish people that have been exiled from Babylon. His examination discusses the circumstances of the Jewish people, within the history of Israel, and the theological implications.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Baruch, read on for some challenging the Book of Baruch trivia questions.
The Book of Baruch Trivia Questions & Answers
331. Who was Baruch the scribe of?
332. Where did Baruch write the text for the Book of Baruch?
333. What were the New Babylonians called?
334. Where did Nebuchadnezzar deport Jeconiah to?
335. Who was Nebuchadnezzar II’s son?
The Book of Ezekiel
The Book of Ezekiel is structured around three themes. The first being the Judgement of Israel. The second being the judgement on the nations. The third being the future blessings for Israel. These themes are expressed through the visions of Ezekiel. Other important themes include the individual responsibility to God, purity, and the presence of God.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Ezekiel, read on for some challenging the Book of Ezekiel trivia questions.
The Book of Ezekiel Trivia Questions & Answers
336. How many visions does the prophet Ezekiel have?
337. Who does God send to be the watchman in Israel?
338. What does God approach Ezekiel in?
A Battle Chariot
339. What does God approach Ezekiel as?
The Divine Warrior
340. What four creatures draw God’s chariot?
Man, Lion, Ox, and Eagle
341. Where does Ezekiel see God enthroned?
342. From where does Ezekiel see God leave because of the abominations practiced there?
343. Which enemies are destroyed when Ezekiel sees Israel’s enemies perish?
Gog and Magog
The Book of Daniel
The Book of Daniel is a prophetic history of the portrayal of the end of times. It provides the account of Daniel’s visions. The message in the Book of Daniel is that God would save Israel from the current oppression, much like he saves Daniel from his enemies.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Daniel, read on for some challenging the Book of Daniel trivia questions.
The Book of Daniel Trivia Questions & Answers
344. What do Daniel and his three companions refuse to touch, of that of the royalty?
The Food and Wine
345. What does Daniel suggest to demonstrate his health and fortitude?
346. How long does the Trial last?
347. What are the only two things participants of the trial are allowed to consume?
Vegetables and Water
348. Who dreams the important messages?
349. Who receives the explanatory vision about Nebuchadnezzar’s dream from God?
350. What destroyed the statue in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream?
351. What does the rock in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream turn into?
352. Which three men refuse to bow down to the King’s golden statue?
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
353. What does King Nebuchadnezzar throw the three men into?
A Fiery Furnace
354. In King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, interpreted by Daniel, for how many years will Nebuchadnezzar’s lose his mind and live like a wild animal?
355. When the hand appears in the temple, and writes on the wall, who does Daniel tell Belshazzar, that his kingdom will be given to?
Medes and the Persians
356. Who takes the kingdom after King Belshazzar is slain?
Darius the Mede
357. What is Daniel put in, for violating the decree of King Darius, to not worship any other man or god for 30 days?
A Lion’s Den
358. In Daniel’s dream, how many monstrous beasts does he see rising from the sea?
359. In Daniel’s dream, who judges and destroys the beasts?
360. What do the four beasts represent in Daniel’s dream?
361. In the third year of Belshazzar, what two animals does Daniel have a vision of?
A Goat and a Ram
362. What does the Goat in Daniel’s vision represent?
363. What does the Ram in Daniel’s vision represent?
The Medes and Persians
364. In the first year of Darius the Mede, who’s word does Daniel meditate on?
365. How long did Jeremiah say, the desecration of Jerusalem would last for?
366. Which angel explains to Daniel, that the seventy years of Jerusalem’s desecration was actually 490 years?
367. Which archangel comes to deliver those to the afterlife?
The Book of Hosea
The Book of Hosea is set around the fall of the Northern Kingdom of Israel due to the worshipping of gods other than Yahweh. The story is a metaphorical one, comparing the relationship between Yahweh and his people to that of an unfaithful wife and her husband.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Hosea, read on for some challenging the Book of Hosea trivia questions.
The Book of Hosea Trivia Questions & Answers
368. Who was Hosea married to?
369. Who is the first son of Hosea?
370. What is Jezreel named after?
A Valley in Israel
371. Who is the daughter of Hosea?
372. What is the name of Hosea’s second son?
373. Who were the gods that the people of the Northern Kingdom were worshipping instead of Yahweh?
The Golden Calves and Baal
374. What type of law did the aristocracy and the priests lead the people away from?
The Law of God or Divine Law
The Book of Joel
The Book of Joel is a prophetic book of the twelve minor Prophets in the Hebrew and Christian Bible. The stories include some of the plagues from the time and the coming judgment on the enemies of the Kingdom of Judah.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Joel, read on for some challenging the Book of Joel trivia questions.
The Book of Joel Trivia Questions & Answers
375. What plague is lamented over?
The Locust Plague
376. What prolonged shortage is lamented over?
377. Who is Joel’s father?
378. What does the book call for in the face of God’s judgement?
379. Which enemies of the kingdom of Judah will be judged by God?
The Philistines, Edom, and Egypt
380. What does Joel warn is coming, and will bring destruction?
The Day of the Lord
The Book of Amos
The Book of Amos was the first prophetic book of the bible that was written. In this book, Amos discusses the themes of divine judgement, social justice, and the infinite power of God, or his omnipotence, and how this will lead to the downfall of the Holy Land.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Amos, read on for some challenging the Book of Amos trivia questions.
The Book of Amos Trivia Questions & Answers
381. What town was Amos from?
382. What do the five symbolic visions prophesy?
The Destruction of Israel
383. Who does the prophet denounce the crimes of, along with the crimes of Israel?
384. What was the first symbolic vision of God’s judgement on Israel?
385. What was the second symbolic vision of God’s judgement on Israel?
386. What was the third symbolic vision of God’s judgement on Israel?
A Plumb Line
387. What was the fourth symbolic vision of God’s judgement on Israel?
A Fruit Basket
388. What was the fifth symbolic vision of God’s judgement on Israel?
God Beside the Altar
389. What does the oracle promise to be restored, after the destruction?
The House of David
The Book of Obadiah
The Book of Obadiah is the shortest book in the Bible. It consists of solely one chapter. Obadiah was on of the Twelve Minor Prophets, and his visions concerned the fall of a great land, due to the pride of its people. This text serves as a great warning against arrogance.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Obadiah, read on for some challenging the Book of Obadiah trivia questions.
The Book of Obadiah Trivia Questions & Answers
390. The Book of Obadiah is based on the prophetic vision of, the fall of, which kingdom?
391. What was the founding father of Edom?
392. In which mountains did Obadiah say, that the high elevation of their dwelling place made the people too proud?
The Mountains of Seir
393. Which king successfully sieged Jerusalem?
King Nebuchadnezzar II
394. Which group of people helped the Babylonians loot the city of Jerusalem?
395. Who’s land was to be possessed by Egypt, and it’s people would cease to exist?
396. Which people would return from exile and posses the land of Edom?
397. What day of destruction was at hand for all nations according to Obadiah?
The Day of the Lord
The Book of Jonah
The Book of Jonah is the story of a Hebrew prophet who is sent by God to prophesy the destruction of an Assyrian city. This work has managed to transcend into a very popular, well known children’s story. The major theme of this work is that, God forgives those who repent to him.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Jonah, read on for some challenging the Book of Jonah trivia questions.
The Book of Jonah Trivia Questions & Answers
398. Who was Jonah’s father?
399. What city does God command Jonah go to?
400. What port does Jonah go to instead of Nineveh?
The Port of Jaffa, Joppa, Japho, or Joppe
401. Where does Jonah try to Sail too?
402. What did the sailors do in order to stop the huge storm, and calm the sea?
Throw Jonah Overboard
403. How is Jonah saved once he is thrown out to sea?
He is Swallowed by a Large Fish
404. How many days and nights does Jonah spend in the belly of the large fish?
405. What does God command the fish to do with Jonah as he lives in the fish’s large belly?
Vomit Out Jonah
406. When Jonah finally does travel to Nineveh to prophesy to the people, in how many days does he cry that the city will be overthrown?
407. What do the people do once they begin to believe Jonah’s words?
They Proclaim a Fast
408. What does God put over Jonah’s shelter to shield him from the sun?
A Kikayon or Plant
409. What kills the plant over Jonah’s shelter?
The Book of Micah
The Book of Micah comes from a prophet of Judah. The book has a pattern of announcing doom and then hope, in an alternating fashion, within each division of the work. Micah disapproves of the current leaders, who he deems are unjust and oppressive of the poor. The book ends with hope for a world in the future, which is at peace, and back under the rule of the righteous.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Micah, read on for some challenging the Book of Micah trivia questions.
The Book of Micah Trivia Questions & Answers
410. In which town of southern Judah did Micah come from?
411. Whats is Micah’s full name?
412. Under which three reigns of kings did Micah have his visions?
Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah
413. What lands did Micah predict the downfall of?
Samaria and Jerusalem
414. Which Kingdom did Micah predict the desolation of?
The Kingdom of Judah
415. By what means were the temple gifts of Samaria attained, which according to Micah, will lead to destruction?
The Book of Nahum
The Book of Nahum is a collection of poems that announce the fall of Assyria. During this time, Assyria was one of the worst oppressors of Israel. The destruction of these cities, in this work, are served as examples of how God works throughout history.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Nahum, read on for some challenging the Book of Nahum trivia questions.
The Book of Nahum Trivia Questions & Answers
416. Where was Nahum from?
417. What does Nahum say, the Lord is “great in”?
418. What does Nahum say, the lord will “take on his adversaries”?
419. What city does Nahum prophesy will fall?
420. What animal does Nahum compare Nineveh to?
421. What type of person does Nahum compare Nineveh to?
A Harlot or Prostitute
The Book of Habakkuk
The Book of Habakkuk is composed of three chapters. The first two chapters are a conversation between the Prophet Habakkuk and Yahweh. This book has played a significant part in shaping Christian thought around faith. The third chapter is a work of liturgy.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Habakkuk read on for some challenging the Book of Habakkuk trivia questions.
The Book of Habakkuk Trivia Questions & Answers
422. What does Habakkuk cry out to God, yet, God does “not save”?
423. Which empire will God use to execute judgement on Judah for their sins?
The Babylonian Empire or the Chaldeans
424. What do the Chaldeans “fly like”, “swooping down to devour”?
425. Who does God explain he will judge more harshly than the Kingdom of Judah?
426. What does Habakkuk ultimately express to God, even though he doesn’t understand his way of Judgement?
His Absolute Faith
The Book of Zephaniah
The Book of Zephaniah is a prophetic book that focuses on the Day of the Lord. The book is about Yahweh’s judgement, the destruction he will create as the undoing of creation, and how surviving entails seeking refuge in Yahweh. The book ends announcing hope, joy, and celebration in the divine.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Zephaniah, read on for some challenging the Book of Zephaniah trivia questions.
The Book of Zephaniah Trivia Questions & Answers
427. Who is Zephaniah’s father?
428. Who is Zephaniah’s grandfather?
429. Who is Zephaniah’s great grandfather?
430. Who is Zephaniah’s great-great grandfather?
431. Under what king did Zephaniah prophesy?
432. What city does Zephaniah prophesy will fall?
433. Under which two evil kings did Zephaniah grow up?
Manasseh and Amon
The Book of Haggai
The Book of Haggai is also known as the Book of Aggeus. It is a short book with only two chapters, urging the people to build in the name of God. The refusal of the people to honor God, according to Haggai, has created great tragedy. The book’s major themes are centered around the need for the re-institution of religious practices and a people centered community after exile.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Haggai, read on for some challenging the Book of Haggai trivia questions.
The Book of Haggai Trivia Questions & Answers
434. During which king’s reign did the word of the Lord come to Haggai?
435. Who is the governor of Judah?
436. What does the Lord tell the people to “consider” twice?
437. Who is Zerubbabel the son of?
438. Who is Joshua the son of?
439. What does Haggai urgently tell the people of Jerusalem to build?
The Second Temple
440. What does Haggai say is a result of the people refusing to build a second temple?
441. After how many weeks does Haggai say the rebuilding of the temple began, from the day of his first prophecy?
The Book of Zechariah
The Book of Zechariah describes the prophecies of Zechariah that took place during the rule of King Darius I. After spending almost 70 years in exile, the Israelites were still hoping for the promises of the New Jerusalem to come to be. Zechariah has dream visions which provide the answers and hope for the people, through God.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Zechariah read on for some challenging the Book of Zechariah trivia questions.
The Book of Zechariah Trivia Questions & Answers
442. Who was Zechariah’s father?
443. What was Zechariah’s first vision of?
The Four Horseman
444. How many horns were in Zechariah’s second vision?
445. How many craftsmen or carpenters were in Zechariah’s second vision?
446. In Zechariah’s third vision, what did the man he saw, have with him?
A Measuring Line
447. Who was the high priest that Zechariah saw, initially in the filthy garments, in his fourth vision?
448. What does Zechariah see in his fifth vision?
A Gold Lampstand and Two Olive Trees
449. What does Zechariah see in his sixth vision?
A Flying Scroll
450. In Zechariah’s seventh vision, what did he see in the basket?
451. In Zechariah’s eighth vision, how many chariots did he see?
The Book of Malachi
The Book of Malachi is the last book of the Twelve Minor Prophets. The purpose of the book was to rectify the negligent and poor behaviors of the time, from a religious and social perspective. Even after the people of Judah and Israel had been saved, the people’s commitment to God once again began to wain.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Malachi, read on for some challenging the Book of Malachi trivia questions.
The Book of Malachi Trivia Questions & Answers
452. What does Malachi have the people of Israel, question of God, for them?
453. What does Malachi accuse the people of Israel to be failing at?
454. What are the people offering to God, which is insufficient?
455. What Does Malachi state that Yahweh is sending to the priests who have not honored him with appropriate animal sacrifice?
456. Who will return prior to the Day of Yahweh?
The New Testament Trivia Questions & Answers
The New Testament is the second half of the Bible. The New Testament is based on the stories, lessons, and teachings of Jesus, along with the first century events of Christianity. Like the Old Testament, the New Testament is regarded as sacred scripture. This part of the Bible is a collection of texts written by a number of authors, in different periods of time. The writing is deep in meaning and forms the foundation of Christian religions. The Bible is vast with content, but these Bible trivia questions can help you learn more and test yourself about the second half of these works in the Book.
The Gospel of Matthew
The Gospel of Matthew is the first book of the New Testament. It is one of three synoptic Gospels. It tells of how the Messiah of Israel was rejected and then executed by the people of Israel. The book also pronounces judgement on Israel and its leaders, becoming the salvation of the gentiles.
To test your knowledge on the Gospel of Matthew, read on for some challenging the Gospel of Matthew trivia questions.
The Gospel of Matthew Trivia Questions & Answers
457. Who baptized Jesus?
458. How long did Jesus pray and meditate in the wilderness?
Forty Days and Forty Nights
459. Who tempts Jesus in the wilderness?
460. Where did Jesus first preach?
461. What are the eight blessings recounted by Jesus in the Sermon on the mount?
462. How many woes follow the Beatitudes by Jesus in the Sermon on the mount?
463. Who does Jesus commission to preach to the Jewish people, perform miracles, and prophesy the coming of the Kingdom?
The Twelve Disciples
464. Who are the miracles of Jesus attributed to by his opposition?
465. As Jesus travels towards Jerusalem, who is he tested by?
466. Who does Jesus drive from the temple?
The Money Changers
467. What is the final meal called in the gospel, that Jesus shared with his disciples?
The Last Supper or the Lord’s Supper
468. What were the Jewish leaders called, that put Jesus on trial?
469. Who washed his hands to indicate that he assumes no responsibility for the killing of Jesus?
470. How was Jesus killed?
471. Who are the two “Marys” that discover the empty tomb of Jesus after his death?
Mary Magdalene and Mary of Clopas
472. Who sent guards to watch the the tomb of Jesus?
473. Who scared the guards away from the tomb of Jesus?
474. Where does Jesus tell his disciples to meet him after his resurrection?
475. Where in Galilee does Jesus meet with his disciples?
On a Mountain
The Gospel of Mark
The Gospel of Mark is the shortest of the New Testament gospels, and likely the first that has been written. It tells Jesus’ ministry in the most detail of any other gospel. The Gospel of Mark recounts Jesus’ message about the kingdom of God in human life and the good news of Jesus’ word.
To test your knowledge on the Gospel of Mark, read on for some challenging the Gospel of Mark trivia questions.
The Gospel of Mark Trivia Questions & Answers
476. What is Jesus first announced to be?
477. What is Jesus announced to be after his baptism?
The Son of God
478. Who imprisoned John the Baptist?
479. Why was John the Baptist imprisoned by Herod?
For Denouncing Herod’s Marriage
480. When Jesus asks the disciples “but you, who do you say I am?”, what does Peter answer?
He is the Christ
481. Who appears with Jesus when God says “This is my son”?
Moses and Elijah
482. Where does Jesus announce the coming destruction of the Temple?
On The Mount of Olives
483. What does a woman perfume Jesus’ head with?
484. Who is the woman who puts the oil on Jesus’ head?
Mary of Bethany
485. What is the name of the garden where Jesus goes with his disciples to pray during passover?
486. Who Betrays Jesus to the Jewish people?
487. On what day of the week do the women come to the tomb to visit Jesus after his death?
The Gospel of Luke
The Gospel of Luke tells the stories of where Jesus came from, his birth, ministry, death, resurrection, and his ascension from Earth into Heaven. It continues the biblical history of God’s dealings with humanity from the Old Testament.
To test your knowledge on the Gospel of Luke, read on for some challenging the Gospel of Luke trivia questions.
The Gospel of Luke Trivia Questions & Answers
488. Who is the Gospel of Luke specifically directed to?
489. What was Luke’s main profession, according to the Gospel?
490. Who does Luke trace Jesus’ genealogy back to?
491. Who commanded a census of all Roman domains?
492. What is the message by Gabriel, to the Virgin Mary, that she would conceive a son by the power of the Holy Spirit called?
493. Who was the Mother of John the Baptist?
494. What is described in the Gospel of Luke, when Mary goes to see her cousin Elizabeth?
495. When Mary greets Elizabeth, what does she feel John the Baptist do in her womb?
496. When Mary gave birth to Jesus, where did she place him?
497. Where was Jesus born?
498. Who was Joseph the descendent of?
499. What was Jesus’ birth caused by?
500. Who did the angels announce Jesus’ birth to, who worshipped him as Messiah and Lord?
A Group of Shepherds
501. Where did Mary and Joseph present Jesus at the Temple?
502. When Jesus was presented at the temple in Jerusalem, who were the two people that gave thanks to God, who had sent his salvation?
Simeon and Anna the Prophetess
The Gospel of John
The Gospel of John is the fourth of the four canonical gospels. This work is written in a highly literary and symbolic manner. The author of the work is mainly interested the significance of the signs, or miracles, performed by Jesus.
To test your knowledge on the Gospel of John, read on for some challenging the Gospel of John trivia questions.
The Gospel of John Trivia Questions & Answers
503. Who did Jesus come to, but was rejected?
504. What is the name commonly given to the first main section of the Gospel of John?
The Book of Signs
505. How many signs (or miracles) did Jesus perform?
506. What was the first miracle Jesus performed?
Changing Water into Wine
507. Where did Jesus turn water into wine?
The Wedding at Cana
508. What was the second miracle Jesus performed?
Healing the Royal Official’s Son
509. Where did Jesus heal the royal official’s son?
510. What was the third miracle Jesus performed?
Healing the Paralytic
511. Where did Jesus heal the Paralytic?
512. What was the fourth miracle Jesus performed?
Feeding the 5,000
513. How many loaves of bread did the disciples have when Jesus broke it to feed the 5,000?
514. How many fish did the disciples have when Jesus broke it to feed the 5,000?
515. What was the fifth miracle Jesus performed?
Jesus Walked on Water
516. What was the sixth miracle Jesus performed?
Healing the Man Born Blind
517. What was the seventh miracle Jesus performed?
The Raising of Lazarus
518. Which book tells of Jesus’ return to his Heavenly Father?
The Book of Glory
The Acts of the Apostles
The Acts of the Apostles tells of the founding of the Christian church and its spread through the Roman Empire. Acts begins with the ascension of Jesus from Earth to Heaven. The Apostles bring the message of Christ and are initially accepted, but then rejected and turned on by the people.
To test your knowledge on the Acts of the Apostles, read on for some challenging the Acts of the Apostles trivia questions.
The Acts of the Apostles Trivia Questions & Answers
519. Who are the acts of the apostles dedicated to?
520. Who do the apostles elect to replace Judas as a member of the twelve?
521. On which day does the Holy Spirit descend and confer God’s power on the apostles?
522. Who healed the crippled beggar?
523. How many days after the resurrection did the Ascension occur?
524. What did the Holy Spirit come to the apostles in the form of?
Tongues of Fire
525. When the apostles spoke and those in attendance heard their own languages being spoken, what is this form of speaking called?
Speaking in Tongues
526. What does Saul escape Damascus in?
527. Who does Peter raise from the dead?
528. Which apostle was executed by King Herod?
529. Who rescues Peter from prison?
530. Who becomes emperor of the Roman Empire, at 16 years of age?
531. After Saul’s first missionary journey, what does his name become?
The Apostle Paul
532. Who did the apostles meets with to decide if Gentile Christians must observe the Jewish Law and customs?
The Council of Jerusalem
534. While Paul is preaching, who falls asleep and falls out of a window?
535. Who orders the execution of Peter and Paul?
The Epistle to the Romans
The Epistle to the Romans is the sixth book in the New Testament, written to explain that the gospel of Jesus Christ offers salvation. It expounds that God’s righteousness will save all those who have faith in the word.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Romans, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Romans trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Romans Trivia Questions & Answers
536. Who wrote the “Epistle to the Romans”?
537. Who does Paul say Jesus human line stems from?
538. Who did Paul say his ministry was for?
539. What does Pull commend the Romans for?
540. Paul spoke to which group of people “first”?
The Jewish People
541. Paul teaches that salvation from sin is only possible through what?
542. What does Paul describe, as clearing the believer of the guilt and penalty of sin, as a righteous gift from God?
543. Paul describes, that believers should no longer be bound by which law?
The Law of Moses or Mosaic Law
544. Paul describes that what, is “the fulfilling of the law”?
The First Epistle to the Corinthians
The First Epistle to the Corinthians is a letter addressed to the Christian church in Corinth. The letter addresses a number of issues in the Christian community of Corinth. This letter provides an excellent insight into the life of the early Christians.
To test your knowledge on the First Epistle to the Corinthians, read on for some challenging the First Epistle to the Corinthians trivia questions.
The First Epistle to the Corinthians Trivia Questions & Answers
545. Who are widely accepted is the co-authors of the First Epistle to Corinthians?
Paul and Sosthenes
546. Who had banished all of the Jewish people from Rome?
547. Who were the Jewish couple, also tent makers like Paul, that Paul encountered when he entered Corinth?
Aquila and Priscilla
548. What group of people did Paul go visit first, in the synagogue, on every sabbath?
The Jewish People
549. What group of people did Paul go visit, after he was rejected by the Jewish people?
550. Where did Paul go, that was next to the synagogue?
The House of Titius Justus
551. What was the name of the ruler of the synagogue, who Paul made a believer?
552. When Paul was bought before the Tribunal, who was the proconsul that exonerated him?
The Second Epistle to the Corinthians
In the Second Epistle to the Corinthians, the authors describe what happened when the group met with the Jewish Christian church leaders, to discuss the mission to the Gentiles. The main goal of the mission was to collect funds for the poorer church in Jerusalem.
To test your knowledge on the Second Epistle to the Corinthians, read on for some challenging the Second Epistle to the Corinthians trivia questions.
The Second Epistle to the Corinthians Trivia Questions & Answers
553. Who are widely accepted as the writers of the Second Epistle to the Corinthians?
Paul and Timothy
554. When Paul states, “For we do not preach ourselves, but…”, who does he say he is there to preach for instead, as his servant?
Christ Jesus as Lord
555. What is promised to followers of Christ, in the Second Epistle to the Corinthians?
556. Who does Paul urge the Corinthians to give offerings to?
The Believers in Judea or Jerusalem
557. What does Paul ask God to remove from his life, which God refuses?
The Epistle to the Galatians
The Epistle to the Galatians is a letter from the author to the Christians in Galatia. The main topic of concern is around the Christians and Mosaic Law. The author argues that Christians do not need to follow the tenets of these Laws.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Galatians, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Galatians trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Galatians Trivia Questions & Answers
558. Who wrote the Epistle to the Galatians?
559. What law was being taught in the churches of Galatia, as the means to Salvation?
The Law of Moses or Mosaic Law
560. What does Paul warn about preachers of the Gospel that contradict his authentic Gospel; what will happen to them?
They Will Be Cursed
561. Who does Paul say lives in him and through him?
562. What does Paul declare, that faith cannot be obtained through the keeping of?
563. What does Paul say, that the fruit of the spirit tells us to ” ____ __ ___ ______, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh”?
“Walk by the Spirit”
The Epistle to the Ephesians
The Epistle to the Ephesians is the tenth book of the New Testament. An important theme in the letter by the author is centered around Christian behavior towards one another and maintaining unity as one people under Christ. Another important theme of the letter focuses on keeping the Church pure and holy.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Ephesians, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Ephesians trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Ephesians Trivia Questions & Answers
564. Who’s authorship has traditionally been attributed to the Epistle to the Ephesians?
565. According to Paul, when did God choose every one of his believers?
Before the Foundation of the World
566. Who are “adopted as sons through Jesus Christ”, according to Paul?
567. What does every believer have a responsibility to do, for Jesus, according to Paul?
Live as Servants of Jesus Christ
568. What does Paul say, that husbands are to love their wives as?
“Their Own Bodies”
The Epistle to the Philippians
The Epistle to the Philippians is addressed to the Christian church in Philippi. The author describes how he and his accompanier, visited Green during a second missionary and during the visit, they were accused of being a disturbance.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Philippians, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Philippians trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Philippians Trivia Questions & Answers
569. Who are the two authors that the Epistle to the Philippians is attributed to?
Paul and Timothy
570. Where in Rome was Paul when he wrote the Epistle to the Philippians?
571. As Christians surrender their lives in service to Jesus Christ, what should they expect in this life for doing so, according to Paul?
572. Because Paul is imprisoned, what benefit has it had for the Christian message?
It Helped Spread the Message
573. Who does Paul expresses gratitude for the devotion and heroism of?
574. What practice does Paul warn the Philippians about, perpetuated as a necessity for salvation, but is now considered, worthless?
575. What does Paul express his gratitude to the Philippians for sending him?
The Epistle to the Colossians
The Epistle to the Colossians, is the twelfth book of the New Testament, written as a letter to the Church in Colossae, by the author. During this time, Pagans were incorporating their teachings in the Christian church, and the author wrote to warn followers of such practices. The heresy he describes was vast and varied.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Colossians, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Colossians trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Colossians Trivia Questions & Answers
576. Who were the two authors of the Epistle to the Colossians?
Paul and Timothy
577. Where did Paul write the the Epistle to the Colossians?
578. Who did Paul assure that God is?
579. What did Gnostic philosophy relegate Jesus as?
A Lesser or Lower god
580. According to Paul, how did Jesus “reconcile all things unto Himself”?
He was Nailed to the Cross
581. What did Paul say, to let “rule in your hearts”?
“The Peace of Christ“
The First Epistle to the Thessalonians
The First Epistle to the Thessalonians is addressed to the church in Thessalonica, Greece. In it, the author’s main purpose is to encourage the Christians who are quietly working and waiting in hope for the return of Jesus Christ. The author writes to express his thanks for the recipients spiritual health.
To test your knowledge on the First Epistle to the Thessalonians, read on for some challenging the First Epistle to the Thessalonians trivia questions.
The First Epistle to the Thessalonians Trivia Questions & Answers
582. Who was the author of the First Epistle to the Thessalonians?
583. What were many Gentiles worshiping prior to Paul’s ministry in Thessalonica?
584. How many days did Paul preach in a Jewish synagogue on Sabbath?
585. When sickness prevented Paul from returning to the church in Thessalonica, who returned in his place?
586. Concerning those who died or who might die before Jesus returns, what did Paul say would happen to them, equally to those who are still living?
They Would be Raised from the Dead
587. What event does Paul tell his followers to be ready for at any moment?
The Day of the Lord
The Second Epistle to the Thessalonians
The Second Epistle to the Thessalonians is a book from the New Testament, describing the events that will take place before the Second Coming of the Lord. There were false teachers at the time, spreading many lies, which was very troubling to the author.
To test your knowledge on the Second Epistle to the Thessalonians, read on for some challenging the Second Epistle to the Thessalonians trivia questions.
The Second Epistle to the Thessalonians Trivia Questions & Answers
588. Who were the co-authors of the Second Epistle to the Thessalonians?
Paul and Timothy
589. What was the primary false teaching that the Thessalonians faced?
Christ had Already Returned
590. What does Paul say must occur prior to Christ’s return?
A Great Tribulation
591. When Paul expresses his thanks to the readers, he states that they would be chosen for salvation by God and would not susceptible to which great deception?
The Great Apostasy
592. In the coming of the Antichrist, what is the term used for the one who restrains him from coming?
593. How does Paul say to treat those that live an unruly life, rather than to make them your enemy?
Admonish him as a Brother
594. What were some followers doing, to show their faith for the coming of the Day of the Lord, that became a burden to others?
595. Where will the Antichrist establish himself according to Paul?
In the Temple at Jerusalem
596. Who will overthrow the Antichrist?
The Lord Jesus
The First Epistle to Timothy
The First Epistle to Timothy, is a letter written by Paul to his younger colleague, Timothy. In the letter, Paul discusses Timothy’s ministry in Ephesus and includes responsibilities, along with instructions on the organizations of the Church and the responsibilities of certain group leaders to maintain truth among the erroneous behaviors of others.
To test your knowledge on the First Epistle to Timothy, read on for some challenging the First Epistle to Timothy trivia questions.
The First Epistle to Timothy Trivia Questions & Answers
597. Who is the mediator between God and human beings according to Paul?
598. Who does the “Spirit clearly say” will teach those to “follow deceiving spirits”?
599. Who does Paul say that prayers, thanksgiving and petitions be made for?
600. The trustworthy saying states, that the aspiration to be an overseer is what?
A Noble Task
601. To who does Paul say, to not “let anyone look down you”?
602. What is Paul’s main concern with the people and the church?
How they Conduct Themselves
603. If someone can’t take care of this, then how can they take care of God’s Church?
604. How does Paul say women should dress?
605. Why did Jesus Christ come into this world, according to Paul?
To Save Sinners
The Second Epistle to Timothy
The Second Epistle to Timothy is addressed to a fellow missionary, Timothy. In this letter, the author is concerned with the work of a pastor in taking care of his community. The letter also contains a prophecy of the dangers during the time and in the coming last days.
To test your knowledge on the Second Epistle to Timothy, read on for some challenging the Second Epistle to Timothy trivia questions.
The Second Epistle to Timothy Trivia Questions & Answers
606. Who wrote the Second Epistle to Timothy?
607. What does Paul urge Timothy to not have?
A “Spirit of Timidity“
608. What should Timothy not be ashamed to do?
Testify about the Lord
609. When does Paul want Timothy to come see him?
610. Who does Paul want Timothy to bring to him?
611. What was Paul anticipating?
612. What does Paul suffer for?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
613. What was Paul being held captive in, while he awaited trial?
In a Dungeon
614. What does Paul say will happen to those who “live godly in Christ Jesus”?
They will be Persecuted
The Epistle to Titus
The Epistle to Titus is addressed to Saint Titus, a disciple of the author. In it, the author describes the requirements and the duties of the elders and bishops in the Christian Church and the larger Christian community. The larger purpose, was to provide the recipient with the authorization and guidance against the opposition.
The Epistle to Titus Trivia Questions & Answers
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to Titus, read on for some challenging the Epistle to Titus trivia questions.
615. Who wrote the Epistle to Titus?
616. When Paul writes to Titus, where is Titus currently leading the churches?
617. When Paul gives qualifications about how to choose leaders in the church, what does he say, “the overseer must be above…”?
618. What type of rebellious men and deceivers does Paul say to be aware of; those who…?
“Turn Away From Truth“
619. According to Paul, when the “grace of God had appeared” who did he bring salvation to?
The Epistle to Philemon
The Epistle to Philemon is a letter written to a Colossian church leader. During this time, a slave had escaped from his owner, running away from Colossae to Rome, hoping to hide, and eventually, disappear among the people. Once in Rome, the slave came into contact with the author. In this letter, the author makes a plea for the returning slave.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to Philemon, read on for some challenging the Epistle to Philemon trivia questions.
The Epistle to Philemon Trivia Questions & Answers
620. Who were the two authors of the Epistle to Philemon?
Paul and Timothy
621. Where was Paul when he wrote the Epistle to Philemon?
622. What is the name of the person that Paul makes a plea for, in the letter to Philemon?
623. What is the job or role of Onesimus?
A Serveant or Slave
624. Paul says Onesimus was “useless” but now calls him what?
625. Who offers to pay Onesimus debt to Philemon?
626. Who does Paul request, to prepare a guest room for his visit?
The Epistle to the Hebrews
The Epistle to the Hebrews is a book of the New Testament that has been traditionally attributed to Paul, but modern biblical scholars consider the author to be unknown. In this book, the author argues that the Jewish Law has been superseded by the new covenant of the Gentiles.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle to the Hebrews, read on for some challenging the Epistle to the Hebrews trivia questions.
The Epistle to the Hebrews Trivia Questions & Answers
627. Who does the author demonstrate as preeminent over Moses, the Angels and priests?
Jesus of Nazareth
628. The author states, that the New Covenant is superior to what?
The Old Covenant
629. What does the author say was the perfect permanent sacrifice?
630. What does the author say is, “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”?
631. What does the author say is our source of salvation?
Faith in Jesus Christ
632. Who does the Author say is “the author and perfecter of faith”?
The Epistle of James
The Epistle of James is a General epistle of the New Testament, written to the Jewish Christians who were outside of Israel. The author frames his letter to his audience, encouraging them to be patient and to persevere through the trials and temptations of short term urges of sin. The main theme of the letter is to mature in faith in Christ.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle of James, read on for some challenging the Epistle of James trivia questions.
The Epistle of James Trivia Questions & Answers
633. Who was James the younger half-brother of?
634. How does James teach his believers to prove themselves?
By Being “Doers of the Word”
635. James says that, a person who breaks one of the 10 commandments is guilty of what?
Breaking All of Them
636. Who does James instruct believers to submit to?
637. What does James say, someone who turns a sinner away from their errors, will receive?
The First Epistle of Peter
The First Epistle of Peter is a book of the New Testament, attributed to Peter the Apostle. The main theme of the First Epistle of Peter, is to live with hope during times of difficult pain. The example of Christ serves as the inspiration for Christians, and the life to be followed.
To test your knowledge on the First Epistle of Peter, read on for some challenging the First Epistle of Peter trivia questions.
The First Epistle of Peter Trivia Questions & Answers
638. What does Peter say that all believers, are to live a life of personal holiness, even in times of what?
Suffering and Persecution
639. What does Peter teach that all Christians are to expect?
640. What does Peter claim that we are obligated to preach?
The “Hope That is in You”
641. Who does Peter say is continuously “seeking whom he may devour”?
Satan or the Devil
642. According to Peter, by whose wounds were we healed?
643. If the believer suffers persecution, who are we to glorify according to Peter?
The Second Epistle of Peter
The Second Epistle of Peter is a New Testament book traditionally attributed to Peter. The letter is a personal message from the aging Apostle, at the end of his vocation. The main concern in Peter’s words is about Heresy and preserving the Church against corruption along with, the imminent second coming of Jesus Christ.
To test your knowledge on the Second Epistle of Peter, read on for some challenging the Second Epistle of Peter trivia questions.
The Second Epistle of Peter Trivia Questions & Answers
644. Whose Gospel does Peter claim the growing church is preaching?
645. Who did Peter teach, God would specifically judge for hurting the churches?
646. What beliefs that Peter teaches, which we know today, were the philosophical principals that were hurting the churches a the time?
647. According to Peter, what has God not yet brought, so that more people will have a chance to reject evil and find salvation?
The Second Coming of Christ
648. What important characteristic does Peter claim, God has for us, since he is waiting for us to reject evil and find salvation?
The First Epistle of John
The First Epistle of John is a book of the New Testament. In the letter, the author advises Christians on how to identify the true teachers of the Word of Jesus Christ, by their characteristics. These essential attributes include, their proclamation of Jesus living in the flesh, their shown ethics, and their demonstrated love.
To test your knowledge on the First Epistle of John, read on for some challenging the First Epistle of John trivia questions.
The First Epistle of John Trivia Questions & Answers
649. What does John say that God would do if sins were confessed?
He Would Cleanse Them
650. What did John urge believers not to love?
651. Who does John claim, that God, through his love, sent Jesus to destroy the work of?
652. What does John say, how we should love each other, not only words, but with what also?
“In Deed and Truth”
653. What does John want believers to know, with 100% certainty and faith, that they will have?
The Second Epistle of John
The Second Epistle of John is attributed to John the Evangelist. This book of the New Testament was written by John in regards to the heretic influences coming into the Church. Simultaneously, John is also expressing his joy for the members of the Church who have remained loyal to the Gospel in its purest, original form and values.
To test your knowledge on the Second Epistle of John, read on for some challenging the Second Epistle of John trivia questions.
The Second Epistle of John Trivia Questions & Answers
654. Who does John send greetings too?
“The Chosen Lady”
655. What did the Gnostics deny that Jesus had?
A Real Human Body
656. What did John tell the believers to “Walk in…”?
657. What did John say of those teachers, that did not follow Jesus Christ?
They Were False Teachers
658. What does John make clear, that the false teachers, or “deceivers” were to the Jesus?
659. What does John remind his readers that Christians as a responsibility, must feel towards other Christians?
The Third Epistle of John
The Third Epistle of John is a book of the New Testament attributed to John the Evangelist. This personal letter was sent to encourage and strengthen the recipient during the trials and troubles of his area. The main theme of the letter was to provide inspiration against the enemies of the gospel and reassurance to those who proclaim the truth.
To test your knowledge on the Third Epistle of John, read on for some challenging the Third Epistle of John trivia questions.
The Third Epistle of John Trivia Questions & Answers
660. Who is the letter of John written to?
661. Who does John say, “The one who does good” is of?
662. Who is the false teacher that John criticizes?
663. Who rejected the previous letter from John?
664. At the end of the letter, how does John say he would prefer to discuss these matters?
Face to Face
The Epistle of Jude
The Epistle of Jude is the final book of the Epistles, in the New Testament. In it, the author was aiming to expose the false teachers in the Christian community. Jude is also wanting to encourage the true followers to stand firm in their fight for truth and in their faith.
To test your knowledge on the Epistle of Jude, read on for some challenging the Epistle of Jude trivia questions.
The Epistle of Jude Trivia Questions & Answers
665. Who is Jude the half brother of?
666. What two cities does Jude cite, that have “given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh” and suffered with the punishment of “eternal fire”?
Sodom and Gomorrah
667. According to Jude, who disputed with the devil over the body of Moses?
Michael the Archangel
668. What three people from the Old Testament does Jude compare the heretics to?
Cain, Balaam, and Korah
669. Who does Jude reference, having prophesied that the Lord will come with his saints to excuse Judgement?
The Book of Revelation
The Book of Revelation is the final book of the New Testament. This book is centered around the apocalypse that will come. According to the book, this time of tribulation will be a time of judgment for those that did not believe or did not have faith. The writing describes the events that will come during this time.
To test your knowledge on the Book of Revelation, read on for some challenging Book of Revelation trivia questions.
The Book of Revelation Trivia Questions & Answers
670. Who is the author of the Book of Revelation?
671. What island is John on when he writes the letter?
672. Who does John address the letter to?
The Seven Churches of Asia
673. Where was John writing the letter from, while he was in Patmos?
674. What was John warning for the non-believers on the Last Day?
Final Judgement of Damnation
675. Who provided the revelation of truth to John, about the apocalypse?
676. In the Spiritual Realm, what does John describe Jesus as?
“A Slain Lamb”
677. What do the seven angels carry in their seven bowls?
678. What is the final resting place of the unbelieving according to John?