Movies are a major part of many people’s lives because of the feelings and thoughts they can generate, the escape they can provide, and the overall joy they bring into our lives. If you are like me, you truly love a good movie. If you are a movie fan, these 375 movie trivia questions and answers are for you. When I wrote these questions, I tried to include every single genre of movie in existence and focus on the films that are most broadly loved within each movie type category.
Since many films can cover a few different genres, there may be some overlap between question categories and the movies that are included in the questions. Irrespective of this, these 375 movie trivia questions, will provide you with hours of entertainment and a real challenge about the most significant and beloved movies from the last 100 years. Since there are an incredible amount of movies that have been created since the development of the motion picture, I chose to focus on movies that were the highest grossing in sales, the most appreciated by viewers, and the highest rated by critics (with a few exceptions since some very popular movies were panned by professional movie reviewers).
Please enjoy these 375 movie trivia questions below. They would work great for your next trivia night with friends, and just as effective for a challenging game to test yourself on your movie trivia knowledge. I hope you enjoy reading these trivia questions as much as I enjoyed researching and writing them.
375 Movie Trivia Questions
1. Which character does Alan Rickman play in the 1988 action film Die Hard?
2. What kind of puppy was John Wick’s last gift that he had received from his wife before she died in the 2014 action film?
3. Who played Annie Porter in the 1994 action film Speed?
4. Who made his directorial debut in the 1995 action comedy film Bad Boys?
5. Who was the author the 1980 novel The Bourne Identity, which was the basis of the 2002 action film of the same title?
6. What year did the action film Lethal Weapon come out?
7. Which actor in the 2008 action film Taken says the following famous lines? “I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you’re looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money… but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career.“
8. Who does Carl Weathers play in the 1987 action film Predator?
9. In the 1997 science fiction action film The Fifth Element, Bruce Willis plays the lead character Korben Dallas; what is Korben Dallas’s job?
10. Which actor co-wrote the 1982 film First Blood?
11. Which pulp-era writer created the character Solomon Kane, which is also the title of a 2009 adventure film?
Robert E. Howard
12. What is the title of the first Indiana jones film, which premiered in 1981?
Raiders of the Lost Ark
13. Who played Captain Virgil Hilts in the 1963 adventure film The Great Escape?
14. Which British explorer’s life events is the 2016 film The Lost City of Z based on?
15. Who was the author of the novel Life of Pi which is the basis for the 2001 adventure film of the same name?
16. Who played the title character in the 1959 adventure film Ben Hur?
17. Which actor produced and starred in the 1984 adventure film Romancing the Stone?
18. In what year was the novel Journey to the Center of the Earth published, which spawned a number of movies of the same title?
19. Who did Orson Welles play in the 1956 adventure film Moby Dick?
20. Whose life is the 2013 biographical film, The Wolf of Wall Street based on?
21. Who directed the 2000 biographical film Erin Brockovich?
22. Who played Abraham Lincoln in the 2012 biographical film Lincoln?
Daniel Day Lewis
23. Which two 1990s films are based on the life of Henry Hill?
Goodfellas and My Blue Heaven
24. Whose life was the 2017 biographical film The Greatest Showman inspired by?
P. T. Barnum
25. Who wrote the 2004 biography Alexander Hamilton, which inspired a musical and 2020 biographical film titled Hamilton?
26. What is the name of the real life automotive designer in the 2019 film Ford v Ferrari played by Matt Damon?
27. Who directed the 1980 biographical film Raging Bull?
28. Who does actor Rami Malek play in the 2018 biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody?
29. Which musician’s life is the 2019 biographical film Rocketman based on?
30. Who directed the 2018 biographical film Vice?
31. What is the name of the real life machine that the Nazis used to send coded messages during World War II, which was discussed in the biographical film The Imitation Game?
32. Who produced the 1964 children’s film Mary Poppins?
33. Which famous musician played the voice of King Louie in the 1967 children’s movie The Jungle Book?
34. What character did Nathan Lane voice in the 1994 children’s film The Lion King?
35. Which novel was the basis for the 1961 children’s film One Hundred and One Dalmatians?
The Hundred and One Dalmatians
36. Which computer animation studio produced the 1995 children’s movie Toy Story?
Pixar Animation Studios
37. Willem Dafoe played the voice of Gill, who was what kind of fish in the children’s film Finding Nemo?
A Moorish Idol
38. Which comedian played the voice of Iago in the 1992 children’s film Aladdin?
39. What is the title of the novel written by Austrian author Felix Salten, which would be the basis for the 1942 children’s movie Bambi?
Bambi, a life in the Woods
40. Which character in the 2001 children’s film Monsters Inc. was played by Steve Buscemi?
41. Who is the only actor that appears in the 2008 children’s film WALL-E as the only live action role?
42. Which character does Ed Asner voice in the 2009 children’s movie Up?
43. What is the full title to the 1964 comedy film Dr. Strangelove?
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
44. Who was the director of the 1974 comedy Blazing Saddles?
45. What is the name of the band of knights encountered by King Arthur and his followers in the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, whom they refuse to allow passage through their forest unless appeased through the gift of a shrubbery?
The Knights Who Say “Ni!” or the Knights of Ni
46. What was Steve Martin’s first starring role in a feature film?
47. Who does Leslie Nielsen play in the 1980 comedy film Airplane!?
48. What job does Doralee Rhodes, played by Dolly Parton, have in the 1980s comedy 9 to 5?
49. Which two actors in the 1984 comedy Ghostbusters, wrote the film?
Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd
50. What is the name of the author of The Princess Bride who adapted the 1973 novel into a film of the same title?
51. Who originally created the story for the 1988 comedy film Coming to America?
52. Which movie was Mike Myers film debut?
53. In the 1993 film Groundhog Day, what job did Bill Murray’s character Phil Connors have in the movie?
54. What are the stage names of the two actors who wrote the 1995 comedy Friday?
Ice Cube and DJ Pooh
55. What film was Adam McKay’s directorial debut?
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
56. Who played Dr. Frederick Frankenstein in the 1974 comedy film Young Frankenstein?
57. Which actor in the 2008 film Forgetting Sarah Marshall wrote the movie?
58. Which other actress in the 2011 comedy movie Bridesmaids, helped Annie Mumolo write the script?
59. Who directed the 2012 comedy drama Moonrise Kingdom?
60. Who wrote the 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, which later on became a film of the same title in 1975?
61. Who played the athlete Andrew Clark, in the 1985 film The Breakfast Club?
62. In the 1988 film The Truman Show, in what fictional place does Truman Burbank, played by Jim Carey, live?
63. Who did Tom Guiry play in the 1993 film The Sandlot?
64. In what film does Meryl Streep play Miranda Priestly?
The Devil Wears Prada
65. The 1987 film Good Morning, Vietnam, was loosely based on the experiences of which AFRS radio DJ?
66. Who does Michael Cera play in the 2007 comedy drama Juno?
67. Who plays Katherine McKay in the 2011 film 50/50?
68. Which producer of The Simpsons, also co-produced the 1996 film Jerry Maguire?
James L. Brooks
69. Which American vocal groups song inspired the title for 1991 film My Girl?
70. In the 1984 film Beverly Hills Cop, Axel Foley, played by Eddie Murphy, visits Beverly Hills from where?
71. Who directed the 1990 biographical crime film Goodfellas?
72. The 2019 film The Irishman is based on what 2004 nonfiction book?
I Heard You Paint Houses
73. The 1995 film Heat is a remake of what 1989 TV movie?
74. Who wrote the screenplay for the 1983 crime film Scarface?
75. Which film was the first that American entertainment company Miramax has ever fully financed?
76. In the 1995 crime film Casino, what character does Robert De Niro play in the film?
Sam “Ace” Rothstein
77. The 2006 crime film The Departed is a remake of what 2002 Hong Kong film?
Infernal Affairs or Mou gaan dou
78. The 1993 crime film Carlito’s Way is based on two novels written by which author?
79. The 2007 film American Gangster is fictionally based on which criminal career?
80. Who directed The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II?
Francis Ford Coppola
81. Which actor played Fred Fenster in the 1995 crime film The Usual Suspects?
Benicio del Toro
82. Who directed the 2000 crime comedy Snatch?
83. What does Patrick Bateman, played by Christian Bale, mention he has to return throughout the dark comedy film, American Psycho?
84. In the dark comedy Fight Club, what does Tyler Durden, played by Brad Pitt, do for a living?
85. In the 2008 dark comedy Burn After Reading, who plays CIA agent Osborne Cox?
86. Who’s 1971 novel Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the basis for the film of the same title?
Hunter S. Thompson
87. Who played “The Dude” in the 1998 film The Big Lebowski?
88. Which of the Coen Brothers directed the 1987 dark comedy Raising Arizona?
89. Which of Wes Anderson’s films is his highest grossing feature film to date?
The Grand Budapest Hotel
90. Who directed the 1996 dark comedy The Cable Guy?
91. Which actor in the 2007 dark comedy film Hot Fuzz, helped write the movie?
92. Who wrote and directed the 1999 film Office Space?
93. Who were the directors of the dark comedy Fargo?
The Coen Brothers
94. Who played Hollywood super-agent Jeff Megall in the 2005 film Thank You For Smoking?
95. Who co-wrote the 2001 film The Royal Tenenbaums with Wes Andersen?
96. Who plays Heather Duke in the 1989 dark comedy Heathers?
97. Who directed, wrote, and co-produced the 1997 romance disaster film Titanic?
98. Who is the author of the novel The Perfect Storm, which is the basis for the 2000 disaster film of the same title?
99. What is the title of the GQ article that the 2017 disaster film Only the Brave is based on?
100. Who played Stewart Graff in the 1974 disaster film Earthquake?
101. What devastating event took place in 79 A.D that was the basis for the 2014 disaster film Pompeii?
The Eruption of Mount Vesuvius
102. What novel is the 2004 disaster film The Day After Tomorrow based on?
The Coming Global Superstorm
103. Which actual daily U.K national tabloid newspaper is featured in the 1961 disaster film The Day the Earth Caught Fire?
The Daily Express
104. Who played Rachel Wando in the 1997 disaster film Dante’s Peak?
105. Who served as the executive producer of the 1998 disaster film Deep Impact?
106. Who is the author of the novel Inferno, which is the basis for the 2016 disaster film of the same name?
107. Who was the director and producer for the 1998 disaster movie Armageddon?
108. Which 2015 television documentary series tells the story of Steven Avery, a man who served 18 years in prison for the wrongful conviction of sexual assault and attempted murder?
Making a Murderer
109. What is the title of the 1998 IMAX documentary, narrated by Liam Neeson, that is about the struggles involved in climbing Mount Everest?
110. Which public service broadcaster produced the documentary television series Planet Earth?
111. What type of penguins are featured in the 2005 feature length documentary, March of the Penguins?
112. What is the first and last name of the star and main subject of the 2018 biographical documentary Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
113. Who is the director of the 2004 documentary film Fahrenheit 9/11?
114. What is the highest worldwide grossing documentary film of all time (as of 2020)?
Michael Jackson’s This Is It
115. Who’s the director and producer of the 2002 documentary comedy film Jackass the Movie?
116. What is the title of the 34 minute 1984 IMAX documentary, which covers the human history of the Grand Canyon area?
Grand Canyon: The Hidden Secrets
117. Who is the director, producer, and writer of the 2004 documentary film Super Size Me?
118. What was the first documentary ever released by Disneynature?
119. Which 1954 Academy Award winning film starring Marlon Brando is about union violence, corruption, extortion, and racketeering in New Jersey?
On the Waterfront
120. Which 1957 courtroom drama was based on a teleplay of the same name, and is the story of a jury of men as they deliberate the condition or acquittal of an 18 year old defendant?
12 Angry Men
121. Who plays Rick Blaine in the 1942 drama film Casablanca?
122. Who produced, directed, and starred in the 1941 drama Citizen Kane?
123. What is the title of the Steven King novel that was the basis for the 1994 drama film The Shawshank Redemption?
Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
124. Who is the author of the 1962 novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest which is the basis of the 1975 film of the same title?
125. Which 1962 drama was the film debut of Robert Duvall?
To Kill a Mockingbird
126. Which 1946 short story was the basis for the 1950 drama film All About Eve?
The Wisdom of Eve
127. Which actor in the 2004 ensemble crime drama Crash also served as a producer?
128. Who does Dustin Hoffman play in the 1988 drama film Rain Man?
Raymond “Ray” Babbitt
129. Who directed the 2000 epic film Gladiator?
130. Who played Spartacus in the 1960 film Spartacus?
131. Who directed the The Lord of the Rings three movie film series?
132. Which 1925 silent epic adventure film was the basis for the 1959 epic remake Ben-Hur?
Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ
133. Who starred in and directed the 1995 epic film Braveheart?
134. Who wrote the 1936 novel Gone with the Wind which was the basis for the 1939 film of the same title?
135. Who starred in and directed the 1990 epic film Dances with Wolves?
136. Who played the title character and starred in the 1982 epic film Conan the Barbarian?
137. Which historical battle is the fictionalized retelling portrayed in the epic film 300?
The Battle of Thermopylae
138. Which 1992 epic film is set during the 1757 French and Indian War and stars Daniel Day Lewis as Nathanial Poe?
The Last of the Mohicans
139. Which was the first film in Terry Gilliam’s “Trilogy of Imagination” series, followed by 1985s Brazil, and 1988s The Adventures of Baron Munchausen?
140. Who directed The Hobbit film series?
141. Who authored the The Chronicles of Narnia novel series which was the basis for the film series of the same name?
142. Who played Eva Ernst, the Grand High Witch in the 1990 film The Witches?
143. Who directed the 1987 fantasy film The Princess Bride?
144. Who played Frodo Baggins the The Lord of the Rings film series?
145. Who directed the 2006 Spanish-Mexican fantasy film Pan’s Labyrinth?
Guillermo del Toro
146. Who is the author of the Harry Potter book series which spawned the fantasy film series?
147. What is the 2010 fantasy film The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec loosely based on?
A Comic Book Series
148. Who plays the voice of Shere Khan in the 2016 fantasy film The Jungle Book?
149. Which 1980 found footage film achieved notoriety due to its graphic violence and after its premiere in Italy, was seized by a local magistrate, and the director was arrested on obscenity charges?
150. What is the title of the 2012 found footage film which follows three friends who gain popularity by throwing a party that quickly escalates out of their control?
151. Which 1999 found footage supernatural horror film was shot on an original budget of about $60,000 and went on to make close to $250 million dollars at the box office?
The Blaire Witch Project
152. Which found footage science fiction action film was the directorial debut of Neill Blomkamp?
153. Which 2007 found footage supernatural horror film was shot on an initial budget of $15,000 and went on to generate almost $200 million at the box office?
154. Who played cameraman Hudson “Hud” Platt in the 2008 found footage monster film Cloverfield?
T. J. Miller
155. Who played Officer Brian Taylor in the 2012 found footage action thriller End of Watch?
156. Who wrote the novel War and Peace which is the basis of the 1956 film of the same name?
157. What is the title of the novel which was the basis for the 1992 historical drama The Last of the Mohicans?
The Last of the Mohicans: A Narrative of 1757
158. The 2010 historical drama film The King’s Speech is based on which King’s struggles with his stammer?
King George VI
159. Who produced and directed the 1993 historical drama Schindler’s List?
160. Which infantry regiment is the 1989 historical drama film Glory based on?
The 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment
161. Who played William Wallace in the 1995 film Braveheart?
162. Who plays Robert Todd Lincoln in the 2012 historical drama Lincoln?
163. Who played Auda abu Tayi in the 1962 film Lawrence of Arabia?
164. Who played Corporal Gabriel Martin in 2000 historical drama The Patriot?
165. What 1946 Christmas film is based on the 1943 short story booklet The Greatest Gift, and 1843 Charles Dickens novella A Christmas Carol?
It’s a Wonderful Life
166. Who was the singing voice of Jack Skellington as-well-as the musical composer for 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas?
167. What was the first TV special based on the Peanuts comic strip?
A Charlie Brown Christmas
168. Which song writer’s Christmas song was the basis for the 1946 animated television special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
169. Who played the voice of postman Jesper Johansson in the 2019 animated Christmas film Klaus?
170. Which 1983 Christmas film is based on Jean Shepherd’s semi-fictional anecdotes in his 1966 book In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash?
A Christmas Story
171. Who directed the 2003 Christmas film Elf?
172. Who played Bob Chipeska in the 2003 Christmas black comedy Bad Santa?
173. Who did Tim Allen play in the 1994 Christmas comedy The Santa Clause?
174. Who played Kate, Kevin’s mother in the 1990 film Home Alone?
175. Who directed the 1980 psychological horror film The Shining?
176. Who’s actual crimes inspired minor story details in the 1974 horror film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
177. Who directed the 1982 horror film The Thing?
178. What was the first horror film to be nominated for the Academy Awards Best Picture?
179. Which author’s novel was the 1976 film Carrie adopted from?
180. What famous antagonist did the 1974 horror film Halloween spawn an extensive film franchise about?
181. Who directed the 1975 film Jaws?
182. Who played Sidney Prescott in the 1996 horror film Scream?
183. Who directed the 2017 horror film Get Out?
184. Who was the author of the novel Ring, which was the basis for the 2002 horror thriller The Ring?
185. Who directed the 1984 horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street?
186. As of of 2020, what is the highest grossing horror film of all time?
187. Which actor was paid the highest salary to be in the 1997 indie film, Good Will Hunting?
188. Which 1997 indie British comedy about an unemployed steel worker forming an all male strip tease group was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture?
The Full Monty
189. Who was the star and writer of the 2002 independent romantic comedy My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
190. Which novel was the basis for the 2008 India based independent film Slumdog Millionaire?
Q & A
191. In what country was the 2004 independent film The Passion of the Christ mostly filmed?
192. Who played Jim Cunningham in the 2001 indie movie Donnie Darko?
193. Who did Steve Buscemi play in the 1992 indie film Reservoir Dogs?
194. Who wrote and directed the 2003 independent film Lost In Translation?
195. What was the first film to introduce the characters Jay and Silent Bob?
196. Which 2004 indie comedy drama won the 77th Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay?
197. Who plays Sport, Iris’s pimp in the 1976 indie film Taxi Driver?
198. Who directed the 1984 science fiction indie film The Terminator?
199. Who composed the musical score for the 2003 martial arts film Kill Bill?
200. Which 1973 martial asserts movie was Bruce Lee’s final completed film appearance before his death?
Enter the Dragon
201. Who is the author of the novel Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which inspired the 2000 film of the same title?
202. What Indonesian martial art is featured in the 2011 film The Raid?
203. Who was Ip Man’s most famous pupil, depicted at the end of the 2008 martial arts film Ip Man?
204. Who played Wong Fei-hung in the 1978 martial acres film Drunken Master?
205. Who played Huo Yuanjia in the 2006 martial arts film Fearless?
206. In what year did the romance martial arts film House of Flying Daggers come out?
207. Who plays Mr. Miyagi in the 1984 martial arts film The Karate Kid?
208. What Thai martial art is featured in the 2011 film Ong Bak?
209. Which martial arts comedy was the highest grossing foreign language film in the United States in 2005?
Kung Fu Hustle
210. What was the first Chinese language film to place number 1 at the American Box Office?
211. What 1984 mockumentary was Rob Reiner’s directorial debut?
This Is Spinal Tap
212. Which 2006 mockumentary comedy film did the government of Kazakhstan denounce?
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
213. Which actor in the 2000 mockumentary comedy Best in Show also co-wrote the film with Christopher guest?
214. What is the name of the fictitious TV show that Brüno, played by Sacha Baron Cohen, is fired from in the 2009 mockumentary film Brüno?
Funkytime with Brüno or Funkyzeit mit Brüno
215. What is the title of the 2010 mockumentary film starring Joaquin Phoenix, which is about Joaquin Phoenix pursuing a career in rap music?
I’m Still Here
216. Which American comedy trio released the soundtrack for the 2016 mockumentary film Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping?
The Lonely Island
217. Which hip hop group’s album title is the inspiration for the title of the 1993 mockumentary film Fear of a Black Hat?
218. What 1999 mockumentary is Amy Adams film debut?
Drop Dead Gorgeous
219. Who does Fred Willard play in the 1996 mockumentary film Waiting for Guffman?
220. Who plays Gusto, the actual gangster, in the 1993 mockumentary comedy film CB4?
221. Who directed the 1986 musical fantasy film Labyrinth?
222. What 1939 musical fantasy film won the Academy Awards for Best Original Song and Best Original Score?
The Wizard of Oz
223. Who wrote the novel Les Misérables which was adapted into a 1980 French musical and into a 2012 musical film?
224. Where was 1964’s Mary Poppins filmed in its entirety?
Walt Disney Studios
225. Who plays Queen Narissa in the 2007 musical film Enchanted?
226. Which novel was adapted in the 1971 musical film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
227. Which 1965 musical drama received the Academy Award for Best Picture and Best Director?
The Sound of Music
228. Who did Jeff Conaway play in the 1978 musical movie Grease?
229. What pop group’s songs are the basis for the theatre show and the 2008 musical film Mamma Mia!
230. Which 2001 movie was the first musical film in 10 years to be nominated for the Academy Awards Best Picture, since Beauty and the Beast?
231. Which comic strip was the basis for the broadway musical, as-well-as the 1982 and 2014 musical films Annie?
Little Orphan Annie
232. Who was the director of the 1999 psychological mystery film The Sixth Sense?
M. Night Shyamalan
233. What was the 1985 mystery film Clue based on?
A Board Game
234. Which actor played the Pikachu voice that only the character Tim could understand in the 2019 Detective Pikachu film?
235. Who was the author of the novel The Pelican Brief which became the basis for the 1993 mystery thriller film of the same title?
236. Who does Brad Pitt play in the 1995 mystery thriller film Seven?
237. Who was the director of the 2010 neo-noir mystery film Shutter Island?
238. Who plays Dr. John Watson in the 2009 action mystery film Sherlock Holmes?
239. Who directed the 2002 science fiction action mystery film Minority Report?
240. What three films does the Eastrail 177 Trilogy refer to?
Unbreakable, Split, & Glass
241. Who wrote and directed the 2000 neo-noir mystery film Memento?
242. Who wrote the novel which is the basis of, and the screenplay for, the 2014 mystery thriller Gone Girl?
243. What 1996 mystery legal thriller was Edward Norton’s film debut?
244. What 1971 British TV series character served as inspiration for the fashion worn by the main character in the Austin Powers film series?
245. Who was the director, co-producer, and co-writer of 2004’s parody film, Team America: World Police?
246. The 1991 comedy film Hot Shots! is primarily a parody of which 1986 action drama film?
247. Who played Jim in the 1974 satirical comedy Blazing Saddles?
248. What three films comprise the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy?
Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, & The World’s End
249. Who directed the 2008 satire comedy Tropic Thunder?
250. Which actor in the 1974 parody film Young Frankenstein co-wrote the screenplay with director Mel brooks?
251. Which film was the 1980 movie Airplane! primarily a parody of?
252. Who played Dark Helmet in the 1987 parody film Spaceballs?
253. Who was the author of the novel The Notebook which was the basis for the 2004 romance film of the same title?
254. What 1997 romance film is Theodore Witcher’s only directorial film to date?
255. During what war was the 1942 romance film Casablanca set in?
World War II
256. Who wrote the novel Pride and Prejudice which was the basis for the 1940 and 2005 films by the same title?
257. What is title of the 2014 movie, based on the novel by John Green, which is about the two cancer stricken teens who meet at a support group and fall in love?
The Fault in Our Stars
258. Who does Audrey Hepburn play in the 1953 American romance film Roman Holiday?
259. Which two recording artists performed the famous Dirty Dancing song, The Time of My Life, from 1987 romance films soundtrack?
Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
260. Who played Tybalt Capulet in the 1996 romance tragedy Romeo + Juliet?
261. Who wrote the screenplay and also starred in the 1995 romance period drama Sense and Sensibility?
262. What 1998 romantic period film depicts the fictional love affair involving William Shakespeare and Viola de Lesseps, while Shakespeare was writing Romeo and Juliet?
Shakespeare in Love
263. Who plays Doctor Julian Mercer in the 2003 romantic comedy Something’s Gotta Give?
264. What character does Adam Sandler play in the 1998 romantic comedy The Wedding Singer?
265. Which 2011 romantic comedy film was Ryan Gosling nominated for the Golden Globe for Best Actor Motion Picture musical or Comedy?
Crazy, Stupid, Love
266. What 1987 romantic comedy film was the modern day retelling of the play Cyrano de Begerac?
267. The 2001 romantic comedy film Bridget Jones Diary is a reinterpretation of which Jane Austen novel?
Pride and Prejudice
268. Who played Harry Burns in the 1989 romantic comedy film When Harry Met Sally?
269. What 1989 teen romantic comedy was Cameron Crowe’s directorial debut?
270. Who directed the 1998 romantic comedy film There’s Something About Mary?
The Farrelly Brothers
271. Which band’s song title was the 1986 romantic teen comedy Pretty in Pink named after?
The Psychedelic Furs
272. Who played Becky in the 1993 romantic comedy Sleepless in Seattle?
Rosie O’ Donnell
273. Which 1995 romantic comedy is based on the Jane Austen novel Emma?
274. Which 2015 post apocalyptic science fiction film won the most awards for the entire ceremony at the 88th Academy Award?
Mad Max: Fury Road
275. Who directed the 1982 science fiction film Blade Runner?
276. Which 1991 science fiction film was the first use of natural human motion for a computer-generated character and the first partially computer-generated main character?
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
277. What is the title of Arthur C. Clarke’s short story, which inspired the 1968 science fiction film 2001: A Space Odyssey?
278. Which science fiction film was the highest grossing film of 1985?
Back to the Future
279. Which 1927 science fiction film is considered a pioneering science fiction film and one of the first feature length science fiction films ever created?
280. Who played the voice of Darth Vader in the 1977 science fiction epic Star Wars?
James Earl Jones
281. Who wrote and directed the 2010 science fiction film Inception?
282. Who directed the 1979 science fiction film Alien?
283. What is Neo’s actual character name the 1999 science fiction film The Matrix?
Thomas A. Anderson
284. Who did Jeff Goldblum play in the 1996 science fiction action film Independence Day?
285. Who wrote the novel Jurassic Park which was the basis for the 1993 science fiction action film of the same title?
286. Which 1966 spaghetti western is about three gunslingers competing to find a fortune in a buried cache of Confederate gold amid the American Civil War?
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
287. Which 1966 spaghetti western was Franco Nero’s breakthrough role, where he also played the title character?
288. Which 1968 film was Henry Fonda’s first role where he played a villain?
Once Upon a Time in the West
289. Which 1968 spaghetti western was a political allegory inspired by the deaths of Che Guevara and Malcolm X?
The Great Silence
290. What film was Clint Eastwood’s first feature film starring role?
A Fistful of Dollars
291. Who played Jonathan “Colorado” Corbett in the 1967 spaghetti western The Big Gundown?
Lee Van Cleef
292. What was the title of the second film in the spaghetti western Dollars Trilogy?
For a Few Dollars More
293. Who played Curly in the 1968 spaghetti western The Mercenary?
294. Who did Klaus Kinski play in the 1966 spaghetti western A Bullet for the General?
295. Who plays Jack Beauregard in the 1973 spaghetti western comedy My Name is Nobody?
296. Who wrote the 1976 sports drama Rocky?
297. Who plays Morris Buttermaker in the 1976 sports comedy The Bad News Bears?
298. What real life boxer did Robert De Niro portray in the 1980 film Raging Bull?
299. Which 1980 golf movie stars Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murray?
300. Which 1988 sports film is based on the writer and director Ron Shelton’s experiences in minor league baseball?
301. Who played Reggie Dunlop in the 1977 sports comedy film Slap Shot?
302. What 1992 sports film is about a former college basketball player who makes his money by hustling streetballers who don’t think he can play well because he is white?
White Men Can’t Jump
303. Which 1966 surf film gave birth to the “surf-and-travel” culture?
The Endless Summer
304. Which 2008 sports drama revitalized the career of Mickey Rourke and earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Actor?
305. What 2002 sports comedy is the highest grossing sports film about soccer?
Bend It Like Beckham
306. Who directed the 1999 sports drama Any Given Sunday?
307. Which 1993 sports movie was the first that was allowed to be shot at Notre Dame since the 1940 film Knute Rockne, All American?
308. What 2000 biographical sports film is based on the true story of coach Herman Boone?
Remember the Titans
309. Who played “M” in the 2012 spy film Skyfall?
310. Which was the first James Bond film to star Daniel Craig?
311. Who played James Bond in the 1995 GoldenEye film?
312. Who produced the 1996 film Mission: Impossible with Paula Wagner?
313. Who plays Fiedler in the 1998 film Enemy of the State?
314. Which 2012 film was adapted into a screenplay from the book The Master of Disguise, and the 2007 Wired article, The Great Escape: How the CIA Used a Fake Sci-Fi Flick to Rescue Americans from Tehran?
315. What ailment is Matt Damon’s character, Jason Bourne, suffering from in the 2001 film The Bourne Identity?
316. Who played James Bond in the 1963 spy film From Russia With Love?
317. Who produced, wrote, and directed the 2001 family spy film Spy Kids?
318. Who directed the 2015 spy film The Man from U.N.C.L.E.?
319. Who wrote the novel Three Days of the Condor which was the basis for the 1975 movie of the same title?
320. Who directed the 2000 superhero thriller Unbreakable?
M. Night Shyamalan
321. Which 2018 superhero film is the highest grossing film by a black director as of 2020?
322. Who plays the voice of Rocket Raccoon in the 2019 film Avengers: Endgame?
323. Who produced, directed, and co-wrote the 2008 superhero film The Dark Knight?
324. Who directed the 2008 super hero film Iron Man?
325. Who played Lex Luthor in the 1978 superhero film Superman?
326. What was the first theatrical film to feature Wonder Woman?
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
327. In the 2011 superhero film Thor, what is the name of Thor’s hammer?
328. What comic series character served as the basis for the 2017 superhero film Logan?
Old Man Logan
329. Who plays the voice of Groot in the 2014 superhero film Guardians of the Galaxy?
330. Who plays Big Daddy in the 2010 black comedy superhero movie Kick-Ass?
331. Who directed the 1989 superhero movie Batman?
332. Who directed the 1974 thriller Chinatown?
333. Which 1991 psychological thriller won Academy Awards in all the top five categories, which include Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Adapted Screenplay.
The Silence of the Lambs
334. Who played Inspector Dave Toschi in the 2007 historical mystery thriller Zodiac?
335. Which 1993 action thriller film won Tommy Lee Jones the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor?
336. What 1976 film are these famous lines from? “You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin’ to? You talkin’ to me? Well I’m the only one here.”
337. Who played the Police Captain in the 1995 crime thriller film Se7en?
R. Lee Ermey
338. Who was the author of the 1959 novel The Manchurian Candidate which was the basis for the 1962 and 2004 films of the same title?
339. What is the name of the four book series that includes the basis novel for the 1997 film L.A. Confidential?
The L.A. Quartet
340. What time magazine article was the basis for the 1975 film Dog Day Afternoon?
“The Boys in the Bank”
341. In the 1995 mystery thriller The Usual Suspects, which actor ends up being Keyser Söze in a surprise twist ending?
342. Who directed the 1998 epic war film Saving Private Ryan?
343. Who played Bridget Von Hammersmark in the 2009 war film Inglourious Bastards?
344. Which 1963 war film is based on the real firsthand account of the mass escape by British Commonwealth prisoners of war from a German POW camp in Nazi Germany?
The Great Escape
345. Who directed the 1986 war film Platoon?
346. Who played SSG Matt Eversmann in the 2001 war film Black Hawk Down?
347. Which novel is the 1993 war film Gettysburg adapted from?
The Killer Angels
348. What 2009 war thriller won six Academy Awards?
The Hurt Locker
349. Who directed the 1979 war film Apocalypse Now?
Francis Ford Coppola
350. Which war film was the highest grossing film of 1957?
The Bridge on the River Kwai
351. Who directed the 1987 war film Full Metal Jacket?
352. Who played Corporal Nikanor “Nick” Chevotarevich in the 1978 war film The Deer Hunter?
353. Whose real life experiences are the basis for the 2015 Western film The Revenant?
354. Which 1993 Western films famous quote is “I’m your huckleberry”?
355. Who played U.S. Marshal, Reuben J. “Rooster” Cogburn in the 1969 Western film True Grit?
356. The 1956 film The Searchers is based on what 19th century American conflicts?
The Texas-Indian Wars
357. Who wrote the novel The Treasure of the Sierra Madre which was adapted into the 1948 film of the same title?
358. What novel is the 1966 Western film El Dorado loosely based on?
The Stars in Their Courses
359. Who played Vienna in the 1954 Western film Johnny Guitar?
360. Who played Spencer “Big Daddy” Bennett in the 2012 Western Django Unchained?
361. Which two Hollywood icons starred in the 1969 Western film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?
Paul Newman and Robert Redford
362. Who played Bernardo O’Reilly in the 1960 Western film The Magnificent Seven?
363. What was the second film in George A. Romero’s six zombie film horror series?
Dawn of the Dead
364. What novel provided the primary influence for the 1968 zombie film Night of the Living Dead?
I Am Legend
365. Which 2009 Zombie film was the theatrical directorial debut of Ruben Fleischer?
366. Who played Jim, the bicycle courier, in the 2002 zombie film 28 Days Later?
367. Which 1985 zombie film introduced the popular concept of zombies eating brains versus human flesh?
The Return of the Living Dead
368. Who was the author of the novel that provided the basis for the 2013 zombie film of the same title, World War Z?
369. What is the title of the sequel to the 2002 zombie film 28 Days Later?
28 Weeks Later
370. Which 2002 zombie film is loosely based on a Japanese Playstation video game?
371. What was the third film in George A. Romero’s six zombie film horror series?
Day of the Dead
372. Which 2007 zombie found footage film was remade in the United States under the title Quarantine?
373. What is the title to the sequels of the 2009 Zombie film Zombieland?
Zombieland: Double Tap
374. Who played Gunner in the 2016 zombie horror film Pandemic?
375. Who played Jake in the 2008 horror film Quarantine?