Music is a beloved pastime to so many people. There are few individuals that I have ever encountered that don’t appreciate some form of music; since there are so may genres, something is bound to accommodate your tastes. These 320 music trivia questions and answers include every main genre and sub-genre. Since the amount of music in existence is seemingly infinite, I wrote these trivia questions after researching every type of music that has existed and found popularity over the last 200 year.
Since many artists have evolved over time, followed trends, and made music that covers multiple classifications, there are some artists and songs that will cross over between categories. With that said, these 320 music trivia questions and answers have been researched extensively, covering every type of music celebrated over the last century. I have provided a ton of content to quiz yourself and your friends.
So whether you are looking for music trivia questions for your next trivia night, testing yourself on your knowledge, or just looking to expand your musical insight, these 320 music trivia questions and answers will provide you with hours of entertainment. Please enjoy them, and rock on!
320 Music Trivia Questions
1. What job did Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic say Kurt Cobain had when they met?
2. What was the name of the fake band that Pearl Jam members Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard played in Cameron Crowe’s 1991 film Singles?
3. Who was the last band to perform on SNL in the 20th century?
4. Which funk icon produced the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s second album?
5. What instrument was Billy Corgan initially playing for The Smashing Pumpkins?
6. What is Soundgarden’s highest selling album, certified five times platinum?
7. What was Green Day’s original band name?
8. What actor’s vanity band was Weezer’s first gig, as the opening act?
Keanu Reeves – Dogstar
9. Which band’s name means an unidentified flying object of a kind reported by US pilots during World War II, usually described as a bright light or ball of fire?
10. What is Black Francis of the Pixies’ real name?
Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV
11. How old was Robert Smith of the The Cure when he met his wife?
12. What was Sonic Youth’s song Drunken Butterfly originally titled?
13. In what year were The Allman Brothers Band inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?
14. Who originally conceived the cover art work for the The Rolling Stones’ album Sticky Fingers?
15. What band name did Led Zeppelin first perform under?
The New Yardbirds
16. Which band is the longest-running American rock band with no member changes?
17. Which three of the greatest guitarists of all time were members of The Yardbirds at one point?
Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page
18. What are the balls hanging between Fleetwood’s legs on the Fleetwood Mac Rumours album cover?
19. Which Comedy Central show did the The Black Keys cameo in where they bragged about their “bodacious ponytails”?
20. Whose blues musician’s song did Canned Heat take their name from?
21. What was the name of The Blues Band first album?
The Official Blues Band Bootleg Album
22. Who was the band Lynyrd Skynyrd named after?
A High School Gym Teacher
23. When Alvin Lee of Ten Years After split with the band, what was the name of the band he actively toured with?
Ten Years Later
24. How old was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart allegedly when he first started writing his own compositions?
5 Years Old
25. How many “Ludwig Van Beethoven’s” were there in the composer’s family?
26. How old was Johann Sebastian Bach when he lost both of his parents?
10 Years Old
27. Which famous composer preferred to perform on his piano in the dark?
28. What is the name of the one and only opera ever composed by Claude Debussy?
Pelléas et Mélisande
29. Which classical composer was stabbed in the chest by Johann Mattheson but manage to survive?
George Frideric Handel
30. Where was Johannes Brahms born?
31. Who created the series of violin concertos, The Four Seasons?
32. Who wrote the national anthem for both Austria and Germany?
33. Due to his short stature and chubby physique, which composer earned the nickname “schwammerl” which means little mushroom?
34. Who composed the song Fireworks for Rimsky-Korsakov’s daughter?
35. Which composer suffered from such extreme Agoraphobia that he missed his debut performance of his New World Symphony?
36. What song from the Zac Brown Band was released twice, first in 2003 and then again in 2008?
37. Where did Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard from Florida Georgia Line meet each other?
At Belmont University
38. What band were Gary LeVox and Joe Don Rooney both members of before joining Rascal Flatts?
Little Big Town
39. What country music star was almost a Baptist minister until he was asked to leave the church for performing at local bars?
Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn
40. What was the original name the country music band Alabama performed under?
41. Where did Little Big Town play their debut show?
The Grand Ole Opry
42. What is Johnny Cash’s original birth name?
43. What did Willie Nelson write the song lyrics to “On the Road Again” on?
An Airline Sick Bag
44. Which arena football team was Tim Mcgraw a minority owner of?
The Nashville Kats
45. Which country music star was named People’s sexiest man alive in 2017?
46. What was the name of the Garth Brooks’ rock alter ego?
47. Who holds the record for the most Billboard number one country singles as of 2020?
48. Which Dancehall artist is currently serving life in prison for murder?
49. As of 2020, who is the only dancehall artist to win the MOBO Awards two years in a row?
50. What Jamaican national team was Sean Paul a member of before he quit to pursue a career in music?
51. Who did Beenie Man’s uncle Sydney Knowles play drums for?
52. Which dancehall singer earned his nickname from his habit of tying a shirt around his head and twisting his chin hair like an Egyptian pharaoh?
53. Which dancehall artist was featured on Drake’s 2010 song Find Your Love?
54. What is dancehall Artist Bounty Killer’s real name?
55. Who was the first dancehall musician to win two consecutive Grammy Awards?
56. Which dancehall artist’s real name is Joseph Carey Merrick?
57. Which dancehall artist started his own record label called Kalonji Records?
58. Which dancehall artist received his name from his classmates by the way he kicked a football?
59. Who is known as the first female dancehall DJ?
60. Which dancehall artist started out by forming a band called the Mighty Multitude prior to going solo?
61. Which disco queen got her start as a backup singer for Three-Dog Night?
62. What was the name of the jazz pop band Gloria Gaynor was the singer in prior to going solo?
63. What was Chic’s lead singer Nile Rodgers childhood nickname?
64. What was the title of the Bee Gees’ first album (known then as Barry Gibb and the Bee Gees)?
The Bee Gees Sing and Play 14 Barry Gibb Songs
65. What is the only grammy award Diana Ross received?
The Lifetime Achievement Award
66. Which disco group consisted of sisters Joni, Kim, and Kathy?
67. Which disco group is falsely believed to have been sued by the YMCA of the USA for trademark violation?
The Village People
68. Which disco queen began as a model and shared an apartment with Jerry Hall, and Jessica Lange?
69. Which disco artist won the 20th annual grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance?
70. What was the name of the band Chaka Khan began her singing career in before going solo?
71. What band did the founding members of the The Trammps come from?
72. How many actual sisters were originally in The Pointer Sisters?
73. Which Disco artist began her professional career in 1976 playing the Wicked Witch of the West in a six national tour of The Wiz?
Electronic Dance Music
74. Who holds the world record for most Grammys won by a Electronic Dance Music artist as of 2020?
75. Where was David Guetta born?
76. Which EDM artist once incorporated vocals a fan submitted via a tweet into one of his songs?
77. Which EDM artist holds the record for the most top 10 songs from one studio album on the UK Singles Chart, as of 2020?
78. Which song launched Avicii into the mainstream charts, reaching the top 10 all around the world?
79. Which DJ has been knighted by the Queen of Holland?
80. Which artist claims he almost drowned in the Ganges River when he was 19 years old?
81. Which singer/ songwriter shocked the world when he removed his mask to fool the larger public into thinking he was Marshmello at the 2018 iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards?
82. Which DJ’s father is the founder of the restaurant Benihana?
83. Where was DJ Zedd born?
84. Who were the first electronic artists to headline at Madison Square Garden?
Swedish House Mafia
85. Which band got their name from their founding member and drummer’s astrological sign?
Earth, Wind & Fire
86. What was the first major American rock group to have a racially integrated male and female lineup?
Sly and the Family Stone
87. What band name do some former members of Parliament perform under?
88. What was the name of Kool & The Gang when they originally formed in 1964 as a jazz band?
89. What was the band the Ohio Players original name?
The Ohio Untouchables
90. Which funk band’s original lineup consisted of the four brothers Roger, Larry, Lester and Terry?
91. Which group formed their own record company T-Neck Records, to then later on sign with Motown?
The Isley Brothers
92. Which group was integral to the development of the funk sound, and later, would partially metamorphose into the Neville Brothers?
93. Who did Lionel Richie perform with prior to launching a successful solo career?
94. What is the title of Average White Band’s most selling song?
Pick Up the Pieces
95. Which band was named after the streets Greenwood, Archer, and Pine in the historic Greenwood neighborhood, in the members hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma?
The GAP Band
96. What was Cameo’s original band name?
The New York City Players
97. Which artist had the first gospel album debut that went platinum?
98. Which gospel artist founded the ministry mentorship program iLead Escape?
99. Which gospel group is Fred Hammond an active member of?
100. How many siblings does CeCe Winans have?
101. Which gospel artist is the founder of the Lighthouse Full Life Center Church?
102. Which gospel artist’s aunt sang background vocals for gospel musician Andraé Crouch?
103. In what year was Shirley Caesar inducted into the Gospel Hall of Fame?
104. Which gospel singer released her book Points of Power in 2010?
105. Which gospel artist started the record label Tillymann Music Group with her husband?
106. Which gospel group was Kierra Sheard’s mother a member of?
The Clark Sisters
107. What was Mahalia Jackson’s first great hit in 1945, selling one million copies in the US?
Moving On Up a Little Higher
108. Which gospel singer was born December 24, 1962?
109. In what year did Dave Grohl join Nirvana as their drummer?
110. What TV clown inspired Soundgarden’s album title Superunknown?
111. What New Jersey Nets all All-Star was the original band name of Pearl Jam?
112. What was the name of the band that two future members of Mudhoney met in?
Mr. Epp and the Calculations
113. What inspired the Stone Temple Pilots band name?
STP Motor Oil
114. Which grunge band’s front man passed away two days before the release of their debut album?
Mother Love Bone
115. Which band was named after a supervisor at a Thriftway in Montesano?
116. What grunge band was named after serial killer Gary Leon Ridgway?
117. Which grunge band got their name from a Mother Love Bone son?
Temple of the Dog
118. What group did Billy Corgan sing backup vocals for in 2001 after the Smashing Pumpkins broke up?
119. What does band name AC/DC stand for?
Alternating Current/ Direct current
120. Who did Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses punch in the face during a video shoot for paying too much attention to his girlfriend at the time, Erin Everly?
121. When a descendant of the aviation pioneer Ferdinand von Zeppelin won a small legal battle against Led Zeppelin, what name did the band briefly change their name to?
122. After Deep Purple broke up in 1976, what year did they get back together?
123. What sketch did Aerosmith appear in on SNL in 1990?
124. What was Black Sabbath’s original band name?
Then Polka Tulk Blues Band
125. What band was Lemmy playing in when he wrote the song which created the band name “Motörhead”?
126. What other band name does the “Def Leppard” band name reference by the spelling of “Def”?
127. Which member of Mötley Crüe was declared dead for two minutes and then resuscitated due to a drug overdose?
128. What was the name of Alice Cooper’s restaurant in downtown Phoenix that was open for 20 years?
129. What is the nickname of Iron Maiden’s private plane?
Ed Force One
130. Who is the only constant member of the Scorpions?
131. What artist’s song did Judas Priest name their band after?
132. What was the name of the WCW wrestler endorsed by Kiss?
133. What was the name of the band that Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor were in prior?
134. What is the name of Iron Maiden’s mascot?
Eddie the Head
135. Where did Black Sabbath get their band name from?
A 1963 Horror Film of the Same Name
136. What band is the story in the 2001 film Rock Star taken from?
137. What two members of Slayer stayed in the band since day one?
Tom Araya and Kerry King
138. Who was the sole constant member of Motörhead?
Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister
139. Prior to Joining Anthrax in 1983, what band was lead guitarist Dan Spitz a member of?
140. Who was the first member of Slipknot to wear a mask, which created the rule that all members had to wear masks?
Shawn “Clown” Crahan
141. What was Pantera’s original band name?
142. Which member of Rammstein was a member in the European Junior Swimming Championships in Florence in 1978?
143. Which two members of Korn have become born again Christians?
Fieldy and Head
144. Of what descent are all four members of System of a Down?
145. What song did Mastodon record in tribute to the show Game of Thrones?
146. Who popularized the “metal horns” sign in heavy metal?
Ronnie James Dio
147. What was the band Disturbed originally named?
Hip Hop & Rap
148. What is rapper Drake’s real first name?
149. Who was Kanye West engaged to prior to Kim Kardashian?
150. Who was the first major hip-hop artist to headline Glastonbury Festival in 2008?
151. What rap song was the first to ever win an Academy Award?
Eminem’s Lose Yourself
152. What was Kendrick Lamar’s original stage name?
153. How old was Lil Wayne when he accidentally shot himself in the chest?
12 Years Old
154. What state was Tupac Shakur born in?
155. What was the name of the group Dr. Dre was in prior to N.W.A.?
World Class Wreckin’ Cru’
156. How long did the The Notorious B.I.G. know Faith Evans for before he married her?
157. Which California rapper is cousins with Brandy, Ray J, and Nate Dogg?
158. Before being Nasty Nas, Nas went by what rap moniker?
159. What is the title of the film the Wu-Tang Clan got their name from?
Shaolin and Wu Tang
160. Which rapper’s real name of O’Shea Jackson?
161. Which rap icon originally signed 50 Cent to his label?
Jam Master Jay
162. What names did OutKast originally want to use?
2 Shade Deep or The Misfits
163. What house artist’s real name is Tim Bergling?
164. When Daft Punk was originally a three member band, what name did they go by?
165. Which DJ topped the Forbes’ list of the world’s highest-paid DJs in 2013, 2014 and 2015?
166. What vodka brand did Swedish House Mafia produce the music video “Greyhound” for?
167. Who was the resident DJ at Space Ibiza from 2001 until its closing in 2016?
168. Which DJ was appointed Officer of the Order of Orange Nassau, a civil and military honor that was founded by Dutch Queen regent Emma, for his services to music?
Armin van Buuren
169. Who is the first DJ in Olympic history to play at an Olympic event?
170. In 2011, what artist did Sebastian Ingrosso of Swedish House Mafia invite to learn to DJ and produce tracks?
171. What DJ co-founded Gums Productions to publish his first album?
172. Which DJ won the inaugural GRAMMY award for Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical) in 1998?
173. What is Fatboy Slim’s real name?
Norman Quentin Cook
174. What record label did Tchami create in 2015?
175. How did Deadmau5 get his stage name?
By Finding a Dead Mouse in His Computer
176. Which band purchased an old church in 2005 to use as a studio but had to sell it when the roof started to cave in?
177. Which Band’s lead singer was jumped by 14 kids and had his jaw broken during the time of recording an album?
178. Who was the frontman for the band The Smiths, that later went on to have a famous solo career?
Steven Patrick Morrissey
179. What kind of music did Vampire Weekend initially perform before becoming a rock band?
180. What band’s song did Death Cab for Cutie get their band name from?
Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
181. What band’s music video was Chloe Sevigny’s first acting gig?
182. Which Indie band helped Kanye West write and produce his album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?
183. What other UK band is a fierce rival of the Arctic Monkeys?
184. Which band won the ARIA Music Award for Most Popular International Artist in 2010?
Mumford & Sons
185. What alias was Kim Deal credited as on the first two The Pixies albums?
Mrs. John Murphy
186. Which Jazz musician has the highest selling jazz album of all time as of 2020?
187. Which Louis Armstrong song was not a hit during his lifetime, but rose to prominence in 1987 when it was included in the soundtrack for “Good Morning, Vietnam”?
“What a Wonderful World”
188. Which famous jazz musician was the tenor saxophone player on the best selling jazz album of all time, Kind of Blue?
189. What was Duke Ellington’s real first name?
190. Which jazz musician was known to play with his elbows and forearms at times, and would even start dancing around his piano during recordings and shows?
191. Which jazz trumpeter’s trademark was his excessively puffed out cheeks while playing?
192. In what famous comedic duo’s movie did Ella Fitzgerald make her film debut?
Abbot and Costello
193. Which jazz saxophone player’s nickname was “Yardbird”?
194. U2’s song Angel of Harlem was a tribute to which jazz singer?
195. Which jazz musician won the Lifetime Achievement award at the 40th Annual Grammy Awards?
196. Which jazz musician does Chris Farley incorrectly reference when asked to provide his signature in the movie Tommy Boy?
197. Who was the first African American male to receive a Grammy Award?
198. Which famous jazz musician played piano on the best selling jazz album of all time, Kind of Blue?
199. Who was the first African American to host a network television series?
Nat King Cole
200. Which pop star was was 2011 Billboard’s Woman of the Year?
201. Which pop stars real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?
202. Which famous R&B singer gave Justin Bieber his record deal?
203. Which pop star was the best selling artist in 2009, which was also the year of his death?
204. Which pop star’s real name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson?
205. Which pop star got her start as a backup dancer and singer for French disco artist Patrick Hernandez in 1979?
206. Which pop stars moniker was inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat?
207. Which pop star’s real name is Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez?
208. Which famous pop star’s life is completely controlled by her father through a conservatorship?
209. Which pop star became the youngest ambassador to UNICEF in 2009 at age 17?
210. Which iconic pop star is second cousins with Dionne Warwick and her godmother is Aretha Franklin?
211. Which pop star was only twelve years old when he released his debut album in 1962?
212. Who is the only remaining member of King Crimson as of 2020?
213. The name Pink Floyd came from which two of Syd Barrett’s favourite Carolina bluesmen?
Pink Anderson and Floyd Council
214. Which progressive rock band won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 1985?
215. Who was the first lead singer of Genesis?
216. Which progressive rock band was named after an 18th century English agriculturist, that invented a seed drill which planted seeds in rows?
217. Which band was named by the Canadian government as the “Official Ambassadors Of Music” in 1979?
218. Which band was formed by two previous members of At the Drive-in, following their break up?
The Mars Volta
219. What was the name of the local band that Queensrÿche’s originally formed from?
220. Which progressive rock band was the first band to have four platinum albums in a row?
221. What band was Roy Wood of Electric Light Orchestra in previously?
222. What was the title of Tool’s first demo EP?
223. Before The Mothers of Invention were a rock band, what kind of band were they?
224. Which band name came from the fake name Paul McCartney would use to check into hotels?
225. What was Black Flag’s original band name?
226. Which band member of Green Day is the only member that has retained his real surname?
Billie Joe Amrstrong
227. Which English rock band’s cover art was a rip off of an Elvis album cover?
228. Which punk band was the first to ever have been brought to trial over the content of an album?
229. What band did Brooks Wackerman from Bad Religion join in 2015?
230. Who is the lead singer of The Stooges?
231. Who was the first lead singer of the Misfits?
232. When singer Howard Devoto went left the Buzzcocks in 1977, what band did he go on to form?
233. What was Blink-182’s original band name until an Irish band with the same name threaten to sue them?
234. What is the only album by NOFX to receive a gold certification by the RIAA?
Punk in Drublic
235. What band did Rancid drummer Branden Steineckert previously play drums for until he left band in 2006?
236. What was Bad Brains’ original band name?
R & B
237. Who is the most nominated woman in Grammy history?
238. What was the name of the singing quintet Usher joined when he was 11 years old?
239. Where was Chris Brown discovered?
Hi Father’s Gas Station
240. Which R&B singer holds the record for the longest rendition of the United States National Anthem at the Super Bowl, as of 2020?
241. What R&B singer was signed to Uptown records in 1989, and at the time, she was the youngest and first female artist on the label?
Mary J. Blige
242. Which R&B singer purchased Marilyn Monroe’s baby grand piano at an auction for $600,000?
243. What was the name of the singing group Toni Braxton was in before launching her solo career?
244. What sitcom was Janet Jackson’s first starring role?
245. What moniker did Erykah Badu go by when she had ambitions of being a rapper?
246. What is the name of the hip hop collective Frank Ocean joined in 2010?
247. Which R&B singer was so academically gifted that he began high school at twelve years old?
248. What film was Aaliyah’s first movie role?
Romeo Must Die
249. What was the original name of the group Boyz II Men?
250. Which iconic R&B singer’s real name is Kenneth Brian Edmonds?
251. In what year did the United Nations award Bob Marley The Peace Medal?
252. In regards to Peter Tosh’s official birth name, what famous Prime Minister was he named after?
253. Which reggae artist’s stage name comes from a category of Kenyan state commendations?
254. Who is the youngest son of reggae legend Bob Marley?
255. What group was Bunny Wailer an original member of?
256. Which reggae artist was the lead actor in the iconic Jamaican film, The Harder They Come?
257. Which reggae artist’s nickname was the Cool Ruler?
258. What is reggae artist Ziggy Marley’s real name?
David Nesta Marley
259. What is the title of the song by the reggae group Toots and the Maytals, which is an account of lead singer Toots Hibbert’s time in prison due to a marijuana charge?
54-46 (That’s My Number)
260. Which reggae band’s name was selected in reference to a form issued to people claiming unemployment benefits from the UK government’s Department of Employment?
261. Which reggae artist served as a Marine in the Gulf War, reaching the rank of Lance Corporal, but was demoted for returning late to base after a weekend trip to his music studio?
262. Which reggaeton artist’s stage name is derived from Puerto Rican slang, meaning someone tall, or a big shot in his field?
263. Which reggaeton artist was discovered at 11 years old in a supermarket by a lady who signed him to a record label and recorded his first album?
264. Which reggaeton artist claims to have echoics, which means when people hear a specific sound that acts as a stimulus, they can automatically remember what song is playing, how it goes, and the lyrics?
265. Which reggaeton artist was married to Jackie Guerrido, the Puerto Rican Univision television weather forecaster and journalist, from 2008 to 2011?
266. Which reggaeton artist’s stage name is a combination of the first two letters from his mom, dad, and sister’s names?
267. Which reggaeton artist has four Guinness World Records as of 2020, for most Billboard Latin Music Award wins for a single artist in a single year, most Billboard Latin Music Award nominations for a single artist in a single year, male solo artist with the most weeks at number one on Billboard’s Top Latin Albums Chart, and artist with the most videos to reach one billion views on YouTube?
268. Which reggaeton artist named himself after an event, where in his childhood, he was forced to wear an animal costume to school, and was photographed looking very upset and angry?
269. Which reggaeton artist sings alongside Juan Luis Morera Luna as a duo?
270. Which reggaeton artist’s father was the director of a vaccination clinic run by the Puerto Rican department of health?
271. Which reggaeton artist was awarded the Songwriter of the Year award at the 2011 ASCAP?
Tito El Bambino
272. What band name did Buddy Holly and The Crickets inspire?
273. Which member of Led Zeppelin paid the recording budget for their first album?
274. Which Band’s logo is inspired by Kali, the Hindu goddess of everlasting energy?
The Rolling Stones
275. Which band is named after a label on a sewing machine?
276. Which band’s lead singer started a riot at a St. Louis show, when he became angry after he spotted an unauthorized photographer in the front row, dove head first into the crowd to take the camera, and then stormed off stage?
Guns N’ Roses (Axl Rose)
277. Which Pink Floyd classic song was based on a real life person Roger Waters knew who would steal women’s clothes and underwear from washing lines?
278. Which member of Fleetwood Mac abruptly left the band in 1971 to join the Children of God cult?
279. Which band formed in 1970 after some members from two bands named Jam Band and Chain reaction, heard each other at a show and decided to merge into a new group?
280. Which of the original member of rock band Queen is a PhD-level astrophysicist?
281. Before Jimi Hendrix was James Marshall Hendrix, what his original birth name?
John Allen Hendrix
282. Which rock band was the first band to advertise a new album using a billboard?
283. Before settling on the band name “The Who”, what two other names did the band perform under?
The Detours & The High Numbers
284. Which members of the rock band The Eagles played backup for Linda Ronstadt before leaving to start their own group?
Glenn Fry and Don Henley
285. What was the name of the first vocal group Marvin Gaye was a part of?
286. Who is the youngest artist ever to have reached number 1 on the billboard 100?
287. Who was the first female performer inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
288. Which soul and funk icon has said, that as a child, he danced for pennies for soldiers at Fort Gordon?
289. Who was originally hired to be Johnny Jenkins’ driver from Johnny Jenkins and the Pinetoppers because Johnny didn’t have a drivers license, and would go on to become one of the greatest soul singers in history?
290. What was the name of the band Amy Winehouse started when she was 10 years old?
Sweet n’ Sour
291. Which soul singer wrote and demoed his entire 1995 debut album, by himself, in his bedroom?
292. Which soul artist started out as a spoken word artist, but then went on to co-write the The Roots and Erykah Badu song; You Got Me, which launched her singing career?
293. Which soul singer dropped his last name to avoid confusion with the boxer, Sugar Ray Robinson?
294. Which soul singer began his career with his siblings at the age of 14, as the lead singer of their Gospel group, the Highway QC’s?
295. What is Smokey Robinson’s real birth name?
Wiliam Robinson Jr.
296. What was the name of the group Curtis Mayfield was originally part of prior to launching his successful solo career?
297. Which soul singer started out with his brothers as a Gospel quartet in the mid-1950s, but was kicked out when his father caught him listening to Jackie Wilson?
298. Which composer was also known as “dumpy” to some of his friends, due to his ravenous eating habits?
299. Which pianist received his nickname from the announcer of a radio broadcast, who wanted give his name some “pizzazz”?
300. Which horn player received his first horn from a jewish immigrant family that helped him purchase it by loaning him the money?
301. Which jazz artist from the swing era died when his plane went missing over the English Channel in 1944?
302. Who did Marilyn Monroe help get booked at the popular nightclub the Mocambo in the 50s, by promising to be show up nightly to the club if the artist was booked?
303. Which big band musician wrote the book The Trouble With Cinderella in 1952?
304. Which musician joined the American Federation of Musicians when he was only 14 years old, having to quit his other studies to focus solely on his music?
305. Which musician’s nickname, given to him as a gypsy child, meant “I wake up”?
306. Before going by Fletcher Henderson, what was Fletcher’s original name?
James Fletcher Henderson
307. What musician’s first job was playing with singer Mamie Smith’s Jazz Hounds in 1921?
308. Which famous singer’s father was jazz musician Clarence Holiday?
309. What was the name of the band Nat King Cole formed in 1937 with Oscar Moore and Wesley Prince?
The King Cole Trio
310. Which techno group records all of their tracks in a home studio called “The Dirtchamber”?
311. Which musical duo spent $4 million to create an animated film with Japanese Designer Matsumoto, titled Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem?
312. Which artist’s stage name was taken from a brand of audio signal processing equipment and an ode to the memory of his passed brother?
313. What was the original name of the The Chemical Brothers, a name inspired as an ode to American hip-hop producers with the same stage name?
The Dust Brothers
314. What artist formed the Plus 8 record label with with John Acquaviva in 1990?
315. Which American electronic music duo, consists of Ali “Dubfire” Shirazinia and Sharam Tayebi?
316. Who played at the 1st night of Danny Rampling’s Shoom night after his return from Ibiza in the summer of 1987?
317. Which famous DJ’s real name is Tijs Michiel Verwest?
318. Which singer and record producer goes by Cajmere, Geo Vogt, Half Pint, Curan Stone, and Gino Vittori?
319. Which famous DJ created a prototype phone messaging service using an old modem at the age of 15?
Curtis Alan Jones or Richie Hawtin
320. Which American DJ, producer, and composer was known as The Wizard in the 80s due to his technical abilities?