Computers and the history of technology, make for extremely interesting yet challenging trivia questions. Understanding the history and make up of computers can provide a lot of insight around the world we currently live in. If you love computers and technology like I do, you will love these 231 computer and technology trivia questions with answers.
Use these 231 computer trivia questions to improve your knowledge of computers, test yourself, or challenge your friends. This is a challenging, but highly interesting topic for your trivia night.
Play Computer & Technology Trivia Questions Quiz
Read 231 Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
Computers are a pretty vast topic and prove to be an excellent topic for trivia, as the subject is diverse, challenging, and interesting. The following 231 computer & technology questions and answers cover a broad, well rounded range of computer and technology facts. These questions include topics such as programing languages, companies, significant figures, tech terms, software, data, and more! If you enjoy learning about computers, test yourself using these 231 computer & technology trivia questions and answers.
Acronyms Computer & Technology Trivia
There are countless acronyms utilized in regards to computers. The reason, more than likely, is because of the very long names that many of these acronyms represent. For the sake of time, the acronym has almost replaced the actual term every time. You might be shocked at how many have been listed below.
Read on for computer & technology acronym trivia questions and answers. Test yourself and see how many of these you might already know.
Acronyms Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
1. What does “PCB” stand for?
Printed Circuit Board
2. What does “ALU” stand for?
Arithmetic Logic Unit
3. What does “LAN” stand for?
Local Area Network
4. What does “CPU” stand for?
Central Processing Unit
5. What does “WWW” stand for?
World Wide Web
6. What does “DOS” stand for?
Disk Operating System
7. What does “HTML” stand for?
Hypertext Markup Language
8. What does “IC” stand for?
9. What does “FLOPS” stand for?
Floating-point Operations Per Second
10. What does “OS” stand for?
11. What does “I/O” stand for?
12. What does KB stand for?
13. What does “WAN” stand for?
14. What does “FDD” stand for in regards to computer storage?
Floppy Disk Drive
15. What does “IP” stand for?
16. What does “DSL” stand for in regards to the internet?
Digital Subscriber Line
17. What does “GPU” stand for?
Graphics Processing Unit
18. What does “WP” stand for in regards to creating and editing documents?
19. What does “CU” stand for in regards to a computer’s central processing unit?
20. What does “ODD” stand for in regards to computing?
Optical Disk Drive
21. What does “BIOS” stand for?
Basic Input/Output System
22. What does “HTTP” stand for?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol
23. What does “USB” stand for?
Universal Serial Bus
24. What does the multinational information technology name “HP” stand for?
25. What does “HDD” stand for in regards to computer storage?
Hard Disk Drive
26. What does “MB” stand for?
27. What does “ALU” stand for?
Arithmetic Logic Unit
28. What does “RAM” stand for?
Random Access Memory
29. What does “SSD” stand for in regards to computer storage?
Solid State Drive
30. What does “VoIP” stand for?
Voice Over Internet Protocol
31. What does “FET” stand for in regards to computers?
32. What does “PB” stand for in regards to computers?
33. What does “IEEE” stand for?
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
34. What does “ZB” stand for?
35. What does “NVM” stand for in regards to computers?
36. What does GB stand for?
37. What does “SoCs” stand for in regards to computers?
System on a Chip
38. What does the “D” in “DRAM” stand for?
39. What does TB stand for in regards to computer storage?
40. What does “URL” stand for?
Uniform Resource Locator
41. What does “MOS” stand for in MOSFET?
Medal-Oxide-Silicon or Metal–Oxide–Semiconductor
42. What does “ROM” stand for?
Read Only Memory
43. What does the consumer electronic company name “HTC” stand for?
High Tech Company
44. What does “EB” stand for in regards to computer storage?
45. What does the digital appliance, “PDA” stand for?
Personal Digital Assistant
46. What does “YB” stand for in regards to computer storage?
47. What does “PROM” stand for in regards to computers?
Programmable Read-Only Memory
48. What does “GUI” stand for?
Graphical User Interface
49. What does the “S” in “SRAM” stand for?
50. What does “EPROM” stand for?
Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory
125 Video Game Trivia Questions & Answers
Check out these video game trivia questions from every console that has ever existed. Click the play now button to begin.
Cyber Attacks Computer & Technology Trivia
Cyber attacks are an unfortunate part of computers and technology. These sorts of attacks are almost always used to compromise a machine in order to attain personal and sensitive information for financial gain or leverage. As time passes these sorts of attacks have not only become more malicious, but also, more sophisticated.
If you are interested in knowing more about cyber attacks, read on and test yourself on computer & technology cyber attacks trivia questions and answers.
Cyber Attacks Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
51. What is the term for a cyber-attack in which the perpetrator seeks to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users by temporarily or indefinitely disrupting services of a host connected to the Internet?
A Denial of Service Attack or DoS Attack
52. What types of cyber attacks refer to breaches in cybersecurity that make it possible for an attacker to eavesdrop on the data sent back and forth between two people, networks, or computers?
Man-in-the-middle or MITM Attack
53. What type of attack occurs when a malicious actor sends emails that seem to be coming from trusted, legitimate sources in an attempt to grab sensitive information from the target?
54. What type of attack goes after the “big fish” of an organization, as they possess information that can be valuable to attackers, such as proprietary information about the business or its operations?
A Whale-phishing Attack
55. What type of attack refers to a specific type of targeted phishing attack, where the attacker takes the time to research their intended targets and then write messages the target is likely to find personally relevant?
Spear Phishing Attack
56. What type of malicious software is designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid to the attacker?
57. What type of attack involves attempting to intercept network transmissions, brute-force methods, or dictionary attacks?
58. What is a common method of taking advantage of websites that depend on databases to serve their users, by getting information from servers, and and inserting a command into a data plane in place what should be there?
Structured Query Language or SQL Injection Attack
59. What type of attack occurs when a hacker uses a computer address to gain administrator privileges to a site to get into a user’s account to manipulate the site itself or gain access to sensitive information?
URL Interpretation Attack
60. What type of attack occurs when a hacker alters DNS records to send traffic to a fake website so that a victim may enter sensitive information that can be used or sold by the hacker?
61. What type of MITM attacks occurs when the attacker takes over a session between a client and the server by substituting its Internet Protocol address for that of the client computer, and the server continues the session without suspecting it is communicating with the attacker instead of the client?
62. What type of attack uses a simple methodology of guessing the login credentials of someone with access to the target system, usually by providing a bot with a list of possible credentials?
A Brute-force Attack
63. What type of attack refer to threats that target vulnerabilities in web-based applications, so that every time information is entered into a web application, the initiated command generates a response?
64. What are considered some of the most dangerous actors, coming from within an organization, posing a special danger because of access to a variety of systems including admin privileges that enable critical changes to a system or security policies?
65. What kind of attack uses a malicious program that is hidden inside a seemingly legitimate one, through which hackers can penetrate a computer or network?
Trojan Horse Attacks
66. What type of attack occurs where a hacker embeds malicious code into an insecure website and when a user visits the site, the script is automatically executed on a computer and infects it?
67. What type of attack occurs when the attacker transmits malicious scripts using clickable content that gets sent to the target’s browser, but because the user has already logged into a web application’s session, what they enter is seen as legitimate by the web application?
68. What type of attacks involves a bad actor intercepting traffic, where a piece of software is inserted within the network traffic path to collect usernames, passwords, and other confidential information?
69. What of attack occurs when an attacker abuses hash algorithms, by simply replacing the sender’s message with their own, and the receiving device will accept it because it has the right hash?
70. What type of attack is a general term for malicious software, where it infects a computer and changes how it functions, destroys data, or spies on the user or network traffic as it passes through?
180 Science Trivia Questions & Answers
Learn interesting science facts from every field of science. Click the play now button to begin.
Computer Languages Computer & Technology Trivia
Programming languages are the system of notation for writing computer programs. According to multiple sources, there are anywhere from a few hundred to thousands of coding languages used for computer programming. They are literally the lifeblood of what makes the creation of computers and their programs possible. With that, there are a number of core programming languages predominantly used to power most of today’s computers and technology.
To learn more or to test yourself on computer programming languages, read on for computer programming languages computer & technology trivia questions and answers.
Computer Programming Languages Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
71. What is a programming language for special run-time environments that automatically executes certain tasks called?
A Scripting or Script Language
72. What is any low-level programming language, where there is a very strong correspondence between the instructions in the language and the architect’s machine code instruction, where the language is designed for exactly one specific computer architecture called?
An Assembly or Assembler Language
73. At what free software company was the programming language Rust designed by Graydon Hoare?
74. What company developed C# as part of its .NET initiative?
75. What was Microsoft’s first programming language?
76. What is the style sheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language such as HTML called?
Cascading Style Sheets or CSS
77. What is the standard markup language for documents designed to be displayed in a web browser called?
Hypertext Markup Language or HTML
78. What is the high-level, often just-in-time compiled programming language, that uses curly-bracket syntax, and is one of the core technologies of the World Wide Web, along with HTML and CSS?
79. What is the name of Apple’s general-purpose programming language, that was developed as a replacement language for Objective-C?
80. What is the name of the general-purpose programming language that provides support for both object-oriented programming and functional programming, designed to be concise, and aimed to address the criticisms and perceived shortcomings of Java?
82. What is the name of the statically typed, compiled programming language designed at Google by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson?
251 Math Trivia Questions & Answers
Learn interesting mathematic facts from every field of math. Click the play now button to begin.
Company Names Computer & Technology Trivia
The first computer company was founded almost 75 years ago. Back then, most if not all computers were strictly for government and military purposes. As time went on, the personal computer would be created to eventually be used by the general public. With that, a boom in the computer industry would occur, paving the way for thousands of computer companies to form and create the types of technology we use constantly today.
If you are interested in computer & technology companies, keep reading for computer & technology company names trivia questions and answers.
Company Names Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
83. Microsoft derives its name from what two words?
Microcomputer and Software
84. What two words does the free software community “Mozilla” derive its name from?
Mosaic and Godzilla
85. What is the name of the computer hardware subsidiary of Dell, with products that are specifically dedicated to gaming computers?
86. What company name originated from the winged horse of Greek mythology, the Pegasus?
87. Where did Cisco derive its name from?
San Francisco (its founding city)
88. What was the doing business as name of the Dell Computer Corporation in 1984?
89. What is the full name of the Japanese multinational electronics company, Epson?
Seiko Epson Corporation
90. What is the parent company name of Google?
91. Where did all eight of the engineers who formed HCLTech, work at previously?
Delhi Cloth & General Mills
92. What are the full names of the two founders of Hewlett Packard?
Bill Hewlett and David Packard
93. What does the multinational technology company name “IBM” stand for?
International Business Machines
94. What was Intel’s former name when it was founded?
95. What company’s originally approved name was the Chinese Academy of Sciences Computer Technology Research Institute New Technology Development Company?
96. What is the company name “LG” actually an acronym for?
97. What company’s name came from the two root words meaning universal and sound?
98. What does the “Samsung” company name mean in Korean?
99. What company’s name is rooted in a latin word which represents sound, and an english word for little son?
100. The company name Vaio is actually an acronym that stands for what (as of 2008)?
Visual Audio Intelligent Organizer
101. What was Vizio’s original founding name?
Play Bonus Trivia Now!
Play random trivia questions from any of our many trivia categories. Click the play now button to begin.
Computer Terms Computer & Technology Trivia
With the advent of the computer came a ton of new terms used specifically for describing the technology and the associated components. Some of these words are an amalgamation of previously used terms, some are repurposed to have new meanings, and some were outright created for the specific requirement of describing these new technologies.
Please continue reading to challenge yourself on computer and technology specific words using the computer & technology computer terms trivia questions and answers.
Computer Terms Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
102. What is an error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system, that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways called?
103. What is the order in which individual statements, instructions or function calls of an imperative program, are executed or evaluated called?
Control Flow or Flow of Control
104. What is the process of starting a computer called?
105. What is the term for when a computer program such as a software application or an operating system stops functioning properly and exits?
A Crash or System Crash
106. What is the process of finding and resolving defects or problems that prevent correct operation within computer programs, software, or systems called?
107. What is the term for when either a process or system ceases to respond to inputs?
Hang or Freeze
108. What is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic called?
109. What is the maximum rate of data transfer across a given path in computing called?
110. What type of processing, is the running of jobs that can be scheduled to run as resources permit, or without end user interaction?
111. What is the term for a process often used to create a self-sustaining system or to create a new system from scratch, where existing code is reused to build a new program?
112. What is the term for a network security device that monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and allows or denies access based on a set of security rules?
113. What is a set of instructions written in a computer programming language that can be used to create a software program called?
114. What is the term for a set of instructions or steps that a computer can follow to solve a problem or accomplish a task?
115. What is the type of virtualization technology that provides a virtual environment where multiple virtual machines can be hosted and run on one physical server called?
116. What is the term for a type of data structure where each node has at most two children, each node also contains a value or data, and the topmost node is called the root node?
117. What is the term for the model of delivering information technology services, such as data storage, processing, and applications, over the Internet as a utility rather than a product?
118. What is the term for the type of technology that allows a single physical server to host multiple virtual machines, enabling multiple operating systems and applications to run on the same computer at the same time, for increased resource utilization and improved scalability?
119. What is the term for a process of encoding messages or information in such a way that only authorized parties can access it?
120. What is the term for the ability of a computer or machine to think and learn, mimicking human cognitive functions such as problem-solving, decision-making, and learning from past experiences?
121. What is the term for a collection of connected Internet Protocol routing prefixes under the control of one or more network operators that presents a common, clearly defined routing policy to the Internet?
Fields of Computer Science Computer & Technology Trivia
The field of computer science is comprised of a variety of specializations. These areas of computer science cover every modern day component that is involved in using computers for many purposes. You may be shocked to know just how many specialties there in fact, exist.
To learn or test yourself on the various fields of computer science, keep reading for fields of computer science computer & technology trivia questions and answers.
Fields of Computer Science Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
122. What is the study of computer algorithms that improve automatically through experience, and are a part of artificial intelligence called?
123. What is the discipline within computer science that focuses on mathematics?
Theoretical Computer Science
124. What is the study and design of systems that can function autonomously from human input called?
125. What is the study of logic that focuses on optimizing languages for writing complex programs using the smallest amount of code that the computer can understand called?
Programming Languages and Logic
126. What is the study of computer science that uses computer algorithms and modeling capabilities to predict the outcome of scientific experiments that scientists can’t conduct physically?
Scientific Computing Applications
127. What is the discipline of computer science that focuses on determining what problems computational algorithms solve and if they can be solved completely or partially?
Theory of Computation
128. What is the discipline that focuses on using algorithms to improve locations of data storage for improved computer programs?
Data Structures and Algorithms
129. What discipline focuses on the study, design, implementation and operation of a computer systems?
Computer Architecture and Organization
130. What disciplines focuses on the analysis, design and implementation of networks that link computers together?
131. What discipline of computer science focuses on how to protect information stored on computers?
Computer security in cryptography
132. What discipline focuses on how computer scientists organize and store data?
Databases and Data Mining
133. What discipline of computer science focuses on the display of computer systems and the control of images on the computer screen?
Computer Graphics and Visualization
134. What sub-discipline of computer graphics and visualization focuses on generating a realistic image from a two-dimensional model using a computer program?
135. What sub-discipline of computer graphics and visualization focuses on generating probable outcomes based on a set of criteria?
136. What sub-discipline of computer graphics and visualization focuses on creating the effect of movement through a sequence of still images on a display screen?
137. What sub-discipline of computer graphics and visualization focuses on interpreting data into a graphic form and interacting with the data to manipulate the graphic?
138. What discipline of computer science focuses on studying the forms that information can take and how to interpret and process that information?
Image and Sound Processing
139. What discipline of computer science focuses on the study of computers and networks that have multiple computations happening at once?
Concurrent, Parallel and Distributed Computing
140. What topic within computer science focuses on how users interact with computers and the user interface that facilitates this interaction?
141. What field of discipline in computer science focuses on using engineering approaches to the theory and practice of building software systems?
142. What field of discipline in computer science studies the transmission and processing of information?
143. What field of discipline in computer science studies how to translate information into codes that can transmit information, as well as how to reduce the error rate when transmitting data and how fast a computer can process a digital signal?
Hardware Computer & Technology Trivia
Hardware is the physical components of the computer that users interact with in order to make these machines operate. The utilization of computers requires a diverse set of hardware to make them function. From the mouse to the monitor, you might be surprised at the amount of hardware required to make your personal computer do the things that we take for granted.
If you are interested in computer hardware, read on for computer & technology hardware trivia questions and answers.
Hardware Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
144. What is the type of computer memory that can retain stored information even after power is removed?
Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) or Non-Volatile Storage
145. What is the type of non-volatile memory used in computers, where stored data cannot be electronically modified after the manufacture of the memory device?
Read-only memory or ROM
146. What is an electro-mechanical data storage device that stores and retrieves digital data using magnetic storage and one or more rigid rapidly rotating platters coated with magnetic material called?
A Hard Disk Drive or HDD
147. What is the name of the hand-held pointing device that detects two-dimensional motion relative to a surface, and is typically translated in a pointer motion on a display?
A Computer Mouse
148. What is the form of computer memory that can be read and changed in any order, mostly used to store machine code and working data?
RAM or Random Access Memory
149. What is the type of disc drive that uses laser light or electromagnetic waves within or near the visible light spectrum as part of the process of reading or writing data to or from optical discs?
An Optical Disc Drive
150. What is the type of disk storage, composed of a thin and flexible disk of a magnetic storage medium, in a square enclosure, lined with a fabric that removes dust particles from the spinning disk called?
A Floppy Disk
151. Which multinational technology company invented both the hard disk drive and the floppy disk drive?
152. What is the non-volatile electronic computer memory storage medium that can be electrically erased and reprogrammed called?
153. What were early personal computers generally called?
154. What is the type of computer memory that requires power to maintain stored information called?
155. What is the communication system that transfers data between components inside a computer, or between computers called?
156. What do you call the physical parts of a computer, such as the monitor, mouse, sound card, and motherboard?
157. What is the name of the logic gate, that produces an output which is false, only if all its inputs are true?
NAND gate or NOT-AND
158. What is the internal expansion card that provides input and output of audio signals for and from a computer through a computer program called?
The Sound or Audio Card
159. What is the name of the device that is used to store information for immediate use in a computer called?
160. What is the specialized electronic circuit that is designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer for the output on a display device called?
A Graphics Processing Unit
161. What is the main PCB used in general purpose computers that holds and allows communication between most of the crucial electronic components of the system called?
162. What is an auxiliary device or hardware component, that is attached to a computer, and is used to put information into and get information out of, but is not part of the core components called?
A Peripheral Device
163. What is the quickly accessible location available to a computer’s processor, that usually consists of a small amount of fast storage?
A Processor Register
164. What is the electronic circuitry within a computer that executes instructions that make up a computer program?
The Central Processing Unit
165. What is the name of an idealized model of computation or physical electronic device implementing a Boolean function, which performs a logical operation on one or more binary inputs that produces a single binary output?
A Logic Gate
166. What is the part of a CPU’s control unit, that stores the CPU’s microprogram?
A Control Store
167. What is the type of computer processor, where the control and the data processing logic are included in a small number or single integrated circuit?
Important “Firsts” Computer & Technology Trivia
Like all significant industries, a number of revolutionary “firsts” occurred in order to take the field to the advanced level of sophistication where it currently lives. You are may not be aware, that there are hundreds if not thousands of innovations that had to take place for us to have the amazing machines we operate daily. Many of these “firsts” have in fact, changed the world.
If you are looking to test yourself, or even learn some new computer facts, keep reading for computer & technology important “firsts” trivia questions and answers.
Important “Firsts” Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
168. What was the first random-access digital storage device used successfully in several early computers?
The Williams Tube or the Williams–Kilburn Tube
169. What was the first electronic programmable computer built in the U.S.?
The ENIAC or the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer
170. What was the world’s first stored-program computer called?
The “Manchester Baby” or the Small-Scale Experimental Machine (SSEM)
171. What was the U.S. military system that was the first large scale example of large computers and associated networking equipment, that coordinated data from many radar sites and processed it to produce a single unified image of the airspace over a wide area called?
SAGE or the Semi-Automatic Ground Environment
172. What machine is credited as being the first computer, invented in 1936?
The Turing Machine
173. What is widely accepted as the first single chip microprocessor?
The Intel 4004
174. What was the first laptop-sized notebook computer?
The Epson HX-20
175. What was the first wide-area packet-switching network with distributed control and one of the first networks to implement the TCP/IP protocol suite, which became the foundational technology of the internet?
ARPANET or the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network
176. What was the first publicly available microcomputer?
The Altair 8800
177. What was the name of the first Web Browser?
178. What was Apple’s first pre-assembled computer called?
179. What was Apple’s first hard drive called?
The Apple ProFile
180. What was the first commercially available portable computer?
The IBM 5100
181. In which 1613 book, was the first use of the term “computer” used, according to the Oxford English Dictionary?
The Yong Mans Gleanings
The Internet Computer & Technology Trivia
There is no debate, the advent of the internet has dramatically changed the way we receive, gain, and disseminate information. What used to take days to do, we can now accomplish in a fraction of the time. From research, to communication, and even creation, the internet has become the great equalizer of opportunity and education.
To learn more or test yourself on internet facts, please keep reading for computer & technology internet trivia questions and answers.
The Internet Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
182. What is a computer network that interconnects computers within a limited area such as a residence, school, or office building called?
A Local Area Network or LAN
183. What is a family of wired computer networking technologies commonly used in local area networks, metropolitan area networks, and wide area networks called?
184. What is a piece of computer hardware or software, that provides functionality for other programs or devices, called?
185. What is the global system of interconnected computer networks that uses TCP/IP to communicate between networks and devices called?
186. What is the name of a group of computers that use a set of common communication protocols over digital interconnects to share resources located on network nodes?
A Computer Network
187. What is a software application, used for accessing information on the internet, by requesting a web page from a website called?
A Web Browser or Browser
188. What is the hardware or software component that stores data so that future requests for that data can be served faster called?
189. What is the family of wireless network protocols, based on the IEEE 802.11 family of standards, which are commonly used for local area networking of devices and Internet access called?
190. What is the system of one or more computers or server software, dedicated to running this software, that can satisfy client HTTP requests on the public World Wide Web called?
A Web Server
191. What is a telecommunications network that extends over a large geographic area for the primary purpose of computer networking called?
Wide Area Network or WAN
Significant Figures Computer & Technology Trivia
In order to have the sort of technology at our fingertips that we have today, many amazing men and women had to contribute great time and resources into the development of computers and the associated technology. This was no simple feat, the level of intelligence and effort required is pretty astounding.
To learn more or test yourself on some of these important people, read on for computer & technology significant figures trivia questions and answers.
Significant Figures Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
192. What was the Turing machine originally called by Alan Turing?
The “A-Machine” or the “Automatic Machine”
193. Who invented the “trackball”, the early predecessor to the “mouse”?
194. Who is credited by many, to have invented the “mouse”?
195. Who first patented the field-effect transistor?
Julius Edgar Lilienfeld
196. Who initially designed the domain-specific programming language Elm?
197. Who was the English mechanical engineer, that first developed the idea of a programmable computer?
198. Who is the Japanese computer scientist and software programmer best known as the chief designer of the Ruby programming language?
199. Who invented the first working hybrid integrated circuits?
200. Who was the first person to develop a compiler for programming language?
201. Who developed the first web browser?
202. Who is known as the founder of recursion theory, which helped provide the foundation for theoretical computer science?
203. What is the name of the Dutch programmer, who is best known as the creator of Python?
Guido van Rossum
Software Computer & Technology Trivia
The operating information and programs used by computers is known as software. Software is created for a variety of reasons, but the primary being to make things more functional for the end user. Great software is easy to use, quick on delivery and financially attainable. It comes in many different forms with a variety of purposes.
If you are interested in computer software, read on for computer & technology software trivia questions and answers.
Software Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
204. What type of software is a program or group of programs designed for end-users?
205. What type of software is designed to provide a platform for other software?
206. What is a sequence of program instructions that performs a specific task, packaged as a unit to be used in programs wherever that particular task should be performed, called?
207. What is a computer program that provides for input, editing, formatting and output of text, often with some additional features, called?
A Word Processor
208. What type of software is designed to help analyze, configure, optimize or maintain a computer, and is used to support the computer infrastructure?
209. What is the system software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs called?
An Operating System or OS
210. What is a collection of instructions that can be executed by a computer to perform a specific task called?
A Computer Program
211. What is a computer program that translates computer code from one programming language into another called?
212. What is the specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for a device’s specific hardware called?
213. What kind of program creates object code by translating combinations of mnemonics and syntax for operations and addressing modes into their numerical equivalents?
An Assembler Program
214. What is a collection of resources, such as documentation, message templates, or pre-written code, used by computer programs for software development called?
215. What is a computer program that directly executes instructions written in programming or scripting languages, without requiring to have been compiled into a machine language program called?
216. What is the firmware used to perform hardware initialization during the power-on startup, that provides runtime services for operating systems and programs called?
BIOS or Basic Input/Output System
217. What are the parts of the computer which do not have a material form, but are part of a computer system that consists of encoded information for computer instructions called?
218. What primarily implements portions of an execution model?
A Runtime System or Runtime Environment
219. What kind of code consists of a low level programming language that controls a computer’s CPU?
220. What generates the addresses used to step through the microprogram of a control store and is used as a part of the control unit of a CPU?
Sequencer or Microsequencer
Units of Data Computer & Technology Trivia
The capacity of other systems and channels is measured by a unit of information, which is the capacity of a standard data storage system or communication channel in computing and telecommunications. These are represented in a number of ways, each meant to represent a specific weight to the data being used or stored. This a critical component of computing as it allows us to measure our functional inputs, outputs, and processes.
If computer data interests you, read on for units of data computer & technology trivia questions and answers.
Units of Data Computer & Technology Trivia Questions & Answers
221. 1000 terabytes is equal to 1 what?
222. 1000 zettabytes is equal to 1 what?
223. 1000 exabytes equals 1 what?
224. 1000 petabytes is equal to 1 what?
225. 1000 gigabytes is equal to 1 what?
226. 1000 megabytes is equal to 1 what?
227. How many bytes are in 1 Kilobyte?
228. What is the basic unit of information in computing, that represents a logical state of two possible values, such as 1 or 0, true or false, yes or no, or on or off?
229. What is the two digit numeric system, that only uses 0 and 1, that computers operate using?
230. 1000 kilobytes is equal to 1 what?
231. What is the unit of digital information that is usually made up of eight bits?