Trivia, while a game by nature, can be used for more meaningful reasons. When getting to know someone, using trivia is a fun way to understand one another in a more interesting way. Rather than using the standard questions we tend to ask, things can become more compelling through the use of uncommon and somewhat, situationally hypothetical questions. The responses can be very insightful.
When we inquire about one another, we are showing an interest; this fosters a mutual engagement and can help put a person at ease. For the sake of maintaining another person’s interest while conversing, it is most effective to use out of the box questions as this will not only keep people engaged but frankly, it is a lot more fun. The purpose of these types of questions will allow you to gain a better understanding of a person’s interests, hopes, dreams, fears, likes, dislikes, life experiences, and more.
Now, while sitting around and mulling over unique trivia questions to ask one another can be an interesting task, you can save time by finding them online. Here, I have provided you with 130 trivia questions you can ask someone and they can ask you in return. These trivia questions will bring a lot of fun energy into the conversation and also prove to be rather insightful.
130 Getting to Know You Trivia Questions
1. If you could change your name to something else, what would it be and why?
2. Would you switch genders and why?
3. What would be one surprise you’d love?
4. What would be one surprise you would hate?
5. What is your greatest desire?
6. What is your biggest fear in life?
7. What is your favorite downtime activity in your free time?
8. What is a song you like, but may be a little embarrassed to admit?
9. If you had to vacation somewhere cold, where would it be?
10. If you had to vacation somewhere hot, where would it be?
11. Who would you bring to a deserted island if you could?
12. What tool would you hope to have if you were stranded on an island?
13. If you could make any wish come true, anything, what would it be?
14. What would be your dream job?
15. If you could only do one fun thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
16. If you could relive one year of your life, what year would that be?
17. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
18. How would you describe yourself in one word?
19. What is a hobby you wish you had time to partake in?
20. What is something you do in private that would embarrass you if others found out?
21. What is the most scared you have ever been?
22. What is the happiest moment of your life thus far?
23. If you could be invisible or fly, which would you choose and why?
24. If you had an unlimited amount of money, what would you be doing right now?
25. What is your favorite thing to wear?
26. Would you live in the city, suburbs, or the countryside?
27. Would you choose the mountains, the ocean, or the forest?
28. Do you prefer a hard or softer mattress?
29. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
30. If you could start a charity, what would it be?
31. If you could own any business, what would it be?
32. Would you rather drive or be the driver?
33. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
34. If you were an animal, what would you be?
35. If you could trade lives with someone else, who would it be?
36. Would you rather dress up or dress down?
37. If you could only hear one song ever again, what would it be?
38. What is one secret talent very few people know about?
39. If you could choose, would you rather have unlimited money or unlimited wishes?
40. What is your favorite season and why?
41. Would you rather be a large party or an intimate gathering?
42. Have you ever ridden in a police car?
43. Besides birth (hopefully), have you ever been a patient in a hospital?
44. What is your favorite number and why?
45. Would you say you are more street smart or book smart?
46. How many tattoos do you have?
47. Which is your favorite comic book character?
48. Where would you build your dream home?
49. Have you ever had surgery?
50. What would you do if you were locked in at work without any phone or internet access?
51. What is the heaviest thing you have ever lifted?
52. How much money is too much money?
53. If you could live in one season year round, what would it be?
54. Have you ever seen a waterfall in person?
55. If you could trade lives with any person, who would it be?
56. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
57. What is your favorite form of public transportation?
58. What is one food you refuse to eat?
59. What is the worst gift you have ever received?
60. If you could have any meal, what would it be?
61. Are you a critical person?
62. If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
63. What is one fashion you regret participating in?
64. What is your favorite quote?
65. What song would be your theme song?
66. Do you believe in destiny?
67. Do you believe in God?
68. Do you believe in soul mates?
69. What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
70. What is your own personal motto?
71. Do you like to exercise?
72. If you were a ruler with infinite power, what would you outlaw?
73. What is your favorite book?
74. Do you follow a specific religion?
75. Who is your celebrity crush?
76. Who has had the most influence on your life?
77. What inspires you?
78. What demotivates you?
79. What movie makes you cry?
80. What is your greatest regret in life thus far?
81. Do you have any pet peeves and what are they?
82. What is the saddest moment of your life?
83. Have you ever ruined a surprise party?
84. What do you think about the most?
85. What is something you do regularly that makes you feel guilty?
86. What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
87. Who is our favorite athlete?
88. What is one sport you wish you were good at?
89. Who was your first girlfriend/ boyfriend?
90. Have you ever been cheated on?
91. Have you ever cheated on anyone?
92. Have you ever lied on a job interview?
93. Would you consider yourself a type personality A (competitive, highly organized, ambitious, impatient) or a type B type personality (more relaxed, less frantic, laid back)?
94. Are you a dog or cat person?
95. What is your favorite physical feature of a person?
96. What is your favorite mental feature of a person?
97. Can you play an instrument?
98. Have you ever received an award for anything?
99. What is the most trouble you have ever been in?
100. What meals are you able to cook?
101. What is your favorite home appliance?
102. What is one luxury you could never live without?
103. What do you believe is the greatest invention ever created?
104. Have you ever been in a physical altercation?
105. Have you ever been stolen from?
106. Have you ever stolen from someone?
107. What is your biggest turn on?
108. What is your biggest turn off?
109. What movie most closely aligns with your life?
110. Do you naturally trust people or do they have to earn your trust?
111. Do you think it is harder to be male or female in modern day society?
112. What is your favorite genre of music?
113. Do you prefer quality or quantity?
114. How would you describe your sense of humor?
115. Have you ever kept a journal of your life?
116. Who was your childhood crush?
117. How do you most effectively learn?
118. Do you enjoy traveling?
119. When was your last vacation and what did you do?
120. What is your favorite topic of conversation?
121. What is your ideal type of friendship?
122. What do you believe happens when we die?
123. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
124. What is the worst thing you have ever said on a job interview?
125. What are people’s first impression of you typically?
126. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
127. How many hours do you need to sleep to function well?
128. How many piercings do you have?
129. Have you ever made a wish that has come true?
130. What is something you have accomplished that people may have said would not be possible for you?