Trivia is a great activity for seniors in maintaining and expanding knowledge for brain health. While playing on your smartphone is usually convenient, sometimes it may be more convenient to print trivia questions to play with your senior friends. Here you can find 125 Printable Senior Trivia Questions by Category. This convenient PDF allows you to view the below trivia questions and print them to play Senior Trivia with proper page formatting, an easy to read font size, and a helpful index page so you know where each question type by category is.
All of these 125 printable senior trivia questions are relevant to a more senior audience making them more interesting, providing the ideal learning experience, while also having fun flexing those brain muscles! Playing trivia is a great way to recall memories from certain times and it keeps us thinking while remaining competitive, so playing releases endorphins, which we thrive off of as human beings. These are positive activities to contribute to not only our brain health and longevity, but our overall well being.
If you are looking for a lot of printable senior trivia questions to play with your friends, you can view and print a PDF version of the below 125 Senior Trivia Questions here, and take them with you!
125 Senior Trivia Question Categories
Animals Senior Trivia Questions
1. Who became the first monkey in space in 1961?
Ham the Chimp
2. This cat started as a comic strip, then went on to spawn 3 TV series, and two films.
3. This mouse made his film debut in 1928s “Steamboat Willie”, an animated short film.
4. What was the name of Michael Jackson’s famous chimp pet?
Bubbles the Chimp
5. This famous TV horse spoke to his owner.
Arts Senior Trivia Questions
6. This artist produced drip abstractions by laying his canvases flatt on the floor, flinging and dribbling paint, a technique that would become known as action painting.
7. This artist depicted The Starry Night while as a patient in the Saint Paul de Mausole psychiatric hospital.
Vincent van Gogh
8. This artist painted the fresco ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
9. This is Expressionist artist Edvard Munch’s most famous work, depicting a person holding their face in horror at night.
10. This is Auguste Rodin’s most famous sculpture around the world.
Cars Senior Trivia Questions
11. This automaker was featured as the primary vehicle of time travel in this 1985 film about going back in time to fix the future.
12. This is Batman’s primary vehicle in the comics and movies.
13. This hotdog shaped vehicle is the official car of Oscar Myer.
14. This van from Scooby- Doo is the vehicle of the Mystery Kids.
The Mystery Machine
15. The General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard was what kind of vehicle?
A Dodge Charger
Cinema Senior Trivia Questions
16. O.J Simpson was originally offered this role as a cyborg assassin in this cyborg movie.
17. These Star Wars characters appear in another famous George Lucas franchise about adventure and finding treasure.
R2-D2 and C-3PO
18. This shark movie is famous for the quote “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
19. This famous dog was paid more than the munchkins in The Wizard of Oz.
20. The 1946 American Christmas fantasy, It’s a Wonderful Life, starred this actor.
Countries Senior Trivia Questions
21. This famous cola cannot be purchased in North Korea or Cuba.
22. The Canary Islands are named after this animal (hint, it is not the bird).
23. Name one of the two other countries besides the United States that don’t use the metric system.
Liberia or Myanmar
24. This is the most popular name in the world.
25. What is the most spoken language on the planet?
Food & Drink Senior Trivia Questions
26. Where was American Cheese invented?
27. What is honey from a honey bee?
28. Where were French Fries invented?
29. Where were fortune cookies created?
30. What is the worlds most popular meat?
Geek Senior Trivia Questions
31. The first usage of this word, meaning a foolish person who lacked social skills, was in print in the 1951 Dr. Seuss book If I Ran the Zoo.
32. This animal is not mentioned in the Bible.
33. The classic character has appeared in over 120 of Nintendo’s video games to date.
34. Nicholas Cage changed his name from Coppola in order to separate himself from his famous uncle. What comic book character inspired his stage name?
35. In 1979, Toru Iwatani of Namco thought of the iconic game Pac-Man while looking at this food.
Geography Senior Trivia Questions
36. What is the Westernmost and Easternmost State in the U.S?
37. This continent spans all four hemispheres.
38. Where is the deepest place recorded on earth?
The Pacific Ocean
39. This Sea has 8 to 9 times more salt than the oceans and seas of the world, which creates a buoyancy that causes you to float.
The Dead Sea
40. The highest peak in Europe at 18,510 feet above sea level is in what country?
Holidays Senior Trivia Questions
41. In the southern United States, this holiday occurs on the Tuesday before the Christian season called ‘Lent.’ It is often called ‘Fat Tuesday.
42. This holiday takes place on November 11th, and commemorates men and women who have fought in the United States armed forces.
43. The Candy Cane is shaped in the letter “J” after which important religious figure?
44. Charles Dickens wrote this famous Christmas story.
A Christmas Carol
45. This holiday is a week long celebration held in the United States to honor universal African heritage and culture, taking place from December 26 to January 1 every year.
Languages Senior Trivia Questions
46. What is the most widely translated book?
47. The language with the most extensive alphabet in the world belongs to this Cambodian language?
48. What is the most widely spoken native language in Europe?
49. This is the national language of the Philippines.
50. What was the first printed book?
The Diamond Sutra
Literature Senior Trivia Questions
51. What was the first novel ever written on a typewriter?
52. This Hawaiian word means both hello and goodbye.
53. This is the longest English word without a vowel.
54. This classic rhyming children’s book was written using only 50 words.
Green Eggs and Ham
55. What was the first ever book written on a typewriter?
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Math Senior Trivia Questions
56. What is a 1/100th of a second called?
57. What is the sequence in math where adding the two preceding numbers in the sequence gives you the next?
58. What is the smallest prime number?
59. This number is known as the magic number because if you multiply a number by this number and add all the digits of the new number together, the sum will always add up to this number.
60. How many feet are in a mile?
Military Senior Trivia Questions
61. Who is the largest employer in the U.S.?
The Department of Defense or the DoD
62. Which president earned the Medal of Honor, the highest honor in the military?
63. Who is the only enlisted President who didn’t become an officer?
64. In what year was the Continental Army officially established and led by George Washington?
65. In what year was the United States of America officially established?
Money Senior Trivia Questions
66. What is the most counterfeited denomination of money?
67. The Secret Service was originally made to fight which crime?
68. Who is the only woman to appear on a U.S. currency note?
69. How much does it cost to manufacture a penny?
70. Which U.S. bill has all 50 states listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial?
Music Senior Trivia Questions
71. How many notes are there in music?
72. How many kinds of musical instruments are there?
73. Who leads an orchestra?
74. Which city is often called the Home of Country Music?
Nashville in Tennessee
75. What is the most-selling album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller
Ocean Senior Trivia Questions
76. What is the largest ocean on earth?
The Pacific Ocean
77. Where is the Bermuda Triangle located?
The Atlantic Ocean
78. Archaeologists discovered this lost city off the coast of Egypt in 2000 that.
79. What is the deepest recorded point on the ocean floor at a depth of nearly 36,000 feet called?
The Mariana Trench
80. Standing at 33,400 feet high, what is the highest mountain on the ocean?
Planes Senior Trivia Questions
81. Who became the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in 1932?
82. Established in 1919, this is the world’s oldest airline.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
83. Who invented and flew the first airplane in 1903?
The Wright brothers
84. What is the international language of flight?
85. What is the fear of flying called?
Political Senior Trivia Questions
86. Who assumed the presidency following the resignation of Richard Nixon?
87. Which president had the longest term of office for 12 years?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
88. At 32 day which U.S. president had the shortest term of office?
William Henry Harrison
89. This US presidential candidate had the highest popular vote ever.
90. This president of the Articles of Confederation is sometimes arguably called the first president of the Unites States?
Psychology Senior Trivia Questions
91. 68% of the people suffer from this syndrome, the feeling that one’s phone is vibrating when it’s not.
Phantom Vibration Syndrome
92. What are the six emotions that are universally expressed?
Happiness, anger, sadness, fear, disgust, and surprise
93. Psychologically speaking, how long does it take to fall in love?
94. When a person dies, how long do they still have brain activity for?
95. What are the most amount of things you can remember at a time?
Religion Senior Trivia Questions
96. Christians believe in how many gods?
97. Jesus was born in a manger, where?
98. What is the second most followed religion in the world?
99. What is the holy book of Islam?
100. What is the oldest monolithic religion?
Sciences Senior Trivia Questions
101. What explains the phenomenon where water can boil and freeze at the same time?
102. How many bones are there in the human body?
103. Which two letters do not appear on the periodic table?
J & Q
104. Hot water freezes faster than cold water and cold water heats up faster than hot water. What is the name of this phenomenom?
105. What is the only mammal that truly has wings and can fly?
Space Senior Trivia Questions
106. How long does one day on the planet Venus last?
107. What are the only 2 planets in our solar system that have no moons.
Mercury & Venus
108. What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
109. What is the highest mountain discovered, which is located on Mars?
110. Which planet in our solar system has more volcanoes than any other?
Sports Senior Trivia Questions
111. Which is the only city where all the major sports teams (MLB, NHL, NFL) have the same colors: Black and gold?
112. How many rings are in the Olympic emblem?
113. What is the only sport that has ever been played on the moon?
114. Boxing legend Rocky Marciano invented this important office communication device.
The fax machine
115. Who is the NBA’s all-time leading scorer with 38,387 points?
Technology Senior Trivia Questions
116. In what year was the first email sent?
117. In what year did the internet start?
118. Which two computer scientists are credited with inventing the internet?
Vinton Cerf and Bob Kahn
119. Who is the first company to manufacture a handheld mobile phone?
120. Which company created the first smartphone?
Video Games Senior Trivia Questions
121. What was the first video game console played in space?
122. In what year was Space Invaders first released?
123. What is currently the best selling video game of all time?
124. What is currently the best selling video game console of all time?
The Playstation 2
125. What was the first video game to be made into a movie?
Super Mario Brothers